Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Mojo and Apple Blossoms


As I looked around my stamp room the other day, I came to the realization that I have more then a few stamp sets from the new catalog that need to be broken in! Whenever I am in need of some creative inspiration, I know can always find it over at the Mojo Monday blog. It's been a while since I've made anything for the challenges, so it was time to crank up the ol' iPod and get crackin' on a new creation. 

I love the Apple Blossoms Hostess Set and thought this sketch would be the perfect opportunity to ink it up for the first time. For the color combo of Rich Razzleberry, Pear Pizzazz and Tempting Turquoise, I looked no further then the SU! Color Coach. I love, love, LOVE that little tool, as I probably never would have put those three colors together, ever! 
This is one "chunky" little card! Two things I'm absolutely infatuated with right now are: (lots and lots of) layers on my cards and (lots and lots of) Stampin' Dimensionals. It's pretty bad when every time I have seen my cat recently, he has those little papers from the backs of the Dimensionals stuck to his paws! After all was said and done with this one, I determined it will be a very tight squeeze in a regular-sized envelope and I'm 100% certain that this will require a wee bit of extra-postage. Oops, I might have gotten a little carried away!  HaHa! 

Stampin' Up! Supply List:

Stamps: Apple Blossoms (Level 2 Hostess Set)

Ink: Pear Pizzazz, Tempting Turquoise, Rich Razzleberry classic inks, Basic Black craft ink

Paper: Pear Pizzazz, Tempting Turquoise, Rich Razzleberry, Basic Black, Whisper White cardstock, In-Color DSP (Level 1 Hostess choice)

Accessories: Word Window punch, Modern Label punch, Scallop Border punch, Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder, clear embossing powder, Rich Razzelberry 1/2" polka-dot grosgrain ribbon (retired), glue dots, OODLES of Stampin' Dimensionals

Non-Stampin' Up! Supplies: oval and scalloped oval dies, black button, little "shiny bling"

Have a great day, 

3 comments:

  1. dear Anne Marie. Wow, I love your style of card making. It is so elegant and colorful. Great job and thanks for sharing.

    Enjoy the rest of your day, Pauline

    http://thepursuitofstampiness.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. love love LOVE!! The colors are FAB and your layers are divine, makes me want to cut into your card like a piece of cake, YUMMY!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!
Have a great day! :)
Anne Marie