Friday, October 15, 2010

Contempo Christmas

I have been itching to make a card for The Paper Players challenge ALL week. I knew exactly which stamp set I wanted to use...Contempo Christmas. The only problem was that is was trapped in a box, on a UPS truck, finally delivered to me YESTERDAY!! I just love Jaydee's photo inspiration and color mix for this week's challenge, it is so classic and elegant.  
For my sketch design, I decided try something new and play along for the first time at the Case Study Challenge. The gorgeous card below, by Barbara Anders, was the inspiration for the CASE this week. I love the design and all of the great patterns and colors she incorporated.
My main image is the ornament and sentiment from the Contempo Christmas set along with the little bow from the Berry Christmas (retired) set. I punched out the Ornament to give it some dimension, then added a little...okay, a lot of jewels to fancy it up. The sentiment is embossed in black, although it is somewhat tough to see in the photo. Another thing I did was to spritz the black cardstock (on the background mats) with Vanilla Shimmer Spritz. This is one of those cards where the details get a little lost in the photos. (I also got a new SLR camera yesterday which I am still learning how to use...)
I really like when a card is "finished off" with a coordinating inside, I just wish I remembered to do it more often. It's so simple and it adds SO much. The sentiment is from Contempo Christmas and the little snowflake is from the Delightful Decorations set. 

I used Whisper White Organza ribbon (after playing around with four other ribbon choices). I love this ribbon...I must, I seem to have acquired three spools of it somehow! Haha! I also wanted to share a great video tutorial on making quick and easy bows. Here is the link to Ann Schach's blog post which gives some awesome tips for making perfect, little bows, every time. Thanks Ann! :)
Supply List: 
Stamps: Contempo Christmas (ornament, sentiments), Delightful Decorations (snowflake), Berry Christmas (bow on front)
Inks: Basic Black Craft and classic ink, Real Red classic ink
Paper: Real Red, Basic Black and Whisper White card stock...DSP is non SU!
Accessories: Whisper White 5/8" Organza Ribbon, Ornament punch, Vanilla Smooch Spritz, Clear embossing powder and oodles of jewels :) 

Please share a comment and tell me what you think! 
Happy stamping! 

20 comments:

  1. I love that you cased my teammate Barbara with this wonderful color challenge creation!! I think it is quite beautiful, elegant and I wouldn't want to give it away! Thanks for playing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in LOVE with this card, soooo beautiful!! the colors, bling, bow...just exquisite!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a beautiful card and a stunning bow! I loveOzzy he is sooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great card, I can see why you wanted UPS to show up, this is a beautiful card. (I secretly like the inspiration photo reminds me of CT) I also love lots of bling on the card! Have a great weekend, it is all baseball and football at this household.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning card Anne Marie! Great use of Jaydee's colors. I LOVE all the bling! Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful card--my Christmas cards will pale in comparison! Thanks for sharing the bow-tying link!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a classy Christmas card!! Thanks for playing with us this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anne Marie, this is the best use I've seen yet of the Contempo set. WOW! It is so crisp and clean and perfectly executed. All round - fabulous.
    So glad you joined the Paper Players again this week.
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is super classy, great layout, and Ilike how you dressed the ornament up with some rhinestones.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card Anne - it's all the little details you put in that make your work outstanding!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your card is gorgeous!!! Great DPs, your ribbon is totally yummy and I love the bling on the ornament. Congrats on being chosen as the top card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the colors you used an dthe bling on the ornament is really great! Such a perfect looking bow - so jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, how elegant! you have combined the colours and the inspiration card brilliantly!! Thanks for sharing this beauty at CASE study this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Amazing card! I love the graphic look to it with the patterned black paper. It's just so cool~ sure to be a real favorite of the lucky recipient!

    the sentiment inside is awesome too~

    ReplyDelete
  15. Super elegant! Love that crisp, clean design and wonderful bling! Thanks for playing along with us at CASE Study Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Amazing card! Love evry little detail. Congrats on being picked Headliner!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful card with super elegant and crisp lines! Thank you for playing with us! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am *in love* with this black, white and red card!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh wow! This is a gorgeous card! Great job on the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yes! This card is amazing.. you rocked it! Thanks for sharing it with us! So so gorgeous!

    Take care, Pauline

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!
Have a great day! :)
Anne Marie