Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Eat, Drink & Be Scary



I love making fall and Halloween cards! When I saw the photo inspiration challenge over at the Papercraft Star site this week, I was immediately motivated to play along. How much fun is this photo? They plucked it from Martha Stewart Living magazine. If there is one thing to say about Ms. Martha, she knows how to throw a fabulous party, that's for sure. 
I took different elements from the photo to add to my card, which could also very easily be turned into an invite to a Halloween bash. The circles on the Ghostly Greetings DSP (retired) reminded me of both the pumpkins and the polka dots on the tablecloth. Ooh, ooh, ooh, I see cupcakes on that table, too....YUM! That's where the addition of the striped DSP came in. Yup, I can always spot the treats, hee hee! I actually made Halloween cupcakes yesterday for my hubby to take to work today. I'm sure they were JUST as good as Martha's! ;)


I didn't plan to use the Kiwi Kiss (retired) color but the striped paper had that color in it, so I just went ahead and incorporated it. The Halloween definition is from the Eat, Drink & Be Scary (retired) set. I embossed it in white on the black card stock to make it pop a little more. The spiders are rub on's and although spiders are generally really creepy, these guys are kind of cute. I finished it off with some ribbon, some fiber for sparkle and the three little bat brads. Hope you like it! :)

Thanks for visiting, 

13 comments:

  1. Oh this is cute! Great lay out. I love the definition stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SOOOO Cute! LOVE how you added the green to this! Just great.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. You really nailed this card, love the little bats and the definition. It is truly a fun card, so maybe MS can throw a party but you have it over her when making cards :).

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute combo of patterned papers, colors and images. Very fun Halloween card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the different layers to your card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun and cute, I like the definition image!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perfect card from tat inspiration. I love those tiny little bats.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this is just spot on to the inspiration challenge - love all the different textures and colors to your papers! This is super cute Anne Marie - what a happy card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anne, this card is just as fun as Martha's parties! I love how you composed this card! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Papercraft Star!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Annie! You already know what I'm going to say so I can just be quiet.

    *humming and looking away from the screen*

    Gahh@! Who am I kidding, I couldn't be quiet even if you paid me! LOL

    You totally got the elements of your inspiration piece here. This could BE the invitation to THAT party! So so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a fun card! I love those spiders wiht the big eyes and the paperclip embellie. :) Thanks so much for joining us this week at Papercraft Star!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love it! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Papercraft Star!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!
Have a great day! :)
Anne Marie