Friday, February 18, 2011

Early Morning Crazy Mojo

Howdy friends! It's finally Friday...but in the case of this week, it came all too soon. I had some creative mojo early this morning, (why I was up at 6:30am is beyond me) so I decided to try to combine a color and a sketch challenge because I haven't done it in a while. 


I REALLY like this week's color challenge at The Paper Players, which features this warm and rich mix of colors: 
The card design is based on this fun sketch from Mojo Monday this week:
Maybe it was the early morning creative vibes, maybe it was the 2 1/2 cups of coffee I drank, or maybe it was my new favorite station on Pandora (Mumford & Sons Radio...LOOOOOVE it!), but this one came together pretty quickly for me today. As I was looking through my stamp sets, I stopped on the Apple Blossoms set and it all seemed to work out. I love this set so much, I don't ever get tired of using it! 


I popped all of the layers up to give some dimension. Then, ran my brayer over the polka dot embossed layer with some Cajun Craze ink to make the dots stand out more. Finally, I added some white dots on the scalloped circle with the Signo Gel pen, to tie the colors together. Have I also mentioned that I am infatuated with seam binding and jewels? I have? Ok then...moving on... 
I decorated the inside, but left it blank, as this card can be used for a lot of different occasions.  When the time comes to use it, I will add the sentiment then. :)
Thanks for stopping by to visit today! If you would, please leave a comment and say hello. Now, I'm heading out to buy a pretty pink Bumbo seat, a sassy diaper bag and maybe some diapers...NOT for me, EEEK! ;) We are headed to a couple's baby shower tomorrow for some dear friends and I have put off the gift until almost the last possible minute. 


But before I go, I thought I would share a photo I snapped of little Emmitt earlier today. He and Ozzy (oh, and my husband, too) have been very patient with me while I have been learning my new camera. The lens kind of scares him, so we only take a few shots at a time. I just love his sweet face in this photo! Have a great day today! 
Stampin' Up! Supply List: 
Stamps: Apple Blossoms (hostess, level 2)
Ink: Cajun Craze, Cherry Cobbler, Crumb Cake, Chocolate Chip Classic ink
Paper: Cajun Craze, Cherry Cobbler, Crumb Cake and Whisper White card stock
Accessories: Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder, Brayer, Basic Rhinestones, Scallop Border punch (inside), White Signo Gel Pen, Stamp-A-Ma-Jig and Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding (Occasions Mini)
Non SU! Accessories: circle and scalloped circle die cuts

28 comments:

  1. Oh my, what a sweetheart! He is a gorgeous boy! What a fabulous card - love the take on this sketch and your paper choice - I just can't get enough of Cherry Cobbler! This is one happy card! I hope you have a wonderful weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow this is so clean and pretty, love it, and your doggy, how cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the colourcombination you used and the card is perfect again...Wat a sweety is the dog...love Peet

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that is some fabulous mojo you had going this morning!! I'm going to need to drink more coffee tomorrow ;) Love your use of the colors, and the bling just makes it pop!! Thanks for playing along with The Paper Players this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. First, Emmitt is just adorable! Now for the card...I love the texture, I love the bling...I love everything about it. The way you used the challenge colors with this set was just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mr. Emmitt is the DUDE!!!! He has such expression in his little eyes and is quite photogenic! You gotta love schnauzers!!!!

    And your card is wow. I would never have thought about those colours together but they so go. And aren't you just a smarty-farty, finishing the inside too. To be honest, getting a card that is finished inside and out speaks volumes about the care that was taken to make the card.

    Hugs to the fur children and an extra BIG hug to Mr. Emmitt!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum! Love it! Nice and warm and comfy card (yes, a comfy card!)
    I love that you used a brayer over the dots. I never heard that before! Cool!!!

    I didn't play w/ Mojo this week...although maybe I can sneak one in this weekend!

    Great picture of Emmitt! He doesn't look too happy with the lens though!
    Have a great weekend :)
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anne Marie
    Well... firstly... Emmitt is gorgeous. I am so pleased that he was patient enough for you to get this fabulous pic!
    Now... about this card.... stunning.... I always battle to use the Apple Blossom set - you make it look so easy. I love the popped up layers, the brayered base layer and, of course, the sentiment.
    Absolutely gorgeous.
    It's wonderful to see your work at the Paper Players again!
    big hugs
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow you rocked these colors. I saw them and said no way because of the Cajun Craze. Great job!

    Robbie

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm totally taken by Mr. Emmitt! He and Ms. Lexi should totally meet - too bad they are 1500 miles apart. :(

    Love your card and you know me - I'm a sucker for embossed layers! I especially love the brayered touch you added. I will have to give that a try soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely card and those colors are fantastic together! Like the mojo sketch too! Great card.
    Emmitt is adorable! Very cute.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card!! I love those colors together.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very pretty, love the color combo! Emmitt is too cute, love this photo.

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMWord Anne Marie! I absolutely LOVE the colors & you did an awesome job on the sketch gf!!! Wonderful creation & tsmfs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This card is stunning, love all the details and layers (see CAS is not easy for me). All the texture is great as well with the embossing, your cards are always gorgeous and an inspiration :) Puppy is adorable, he has the face Lucky makes when he is tired of the camera, such a sweet little look, love it. Enjoy your weekend, hope you are in flips flops like me.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ann, I just love your take on Mojo Monday. Your bow and jewel touches are just fabulous. I also love the pic of Emmitt - What a Face! He is so expressive - Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous Card, Anne Marie !! Love the colors and great take with the Mojo Sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What an interesting color combination - I love what you did with it. Beautiful stamp too - I haven't see that one. And as for Emmitt - how cute is he? Bless him!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful....love your color combo.
    Very clean and elegant with vibrant colors.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your card is just stunning with all this red. love the embossing.

    Emmitt looks like "are we done yet"
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. this is so pretty! Love that your decorate inside the card too!

    ReplyDelete
  22. this is so pretty! Love that your decorate inside the card too!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love the rich colors on your card!! The deep reds are fabulous in combination with the kraft and black!! Very striking!! And Emmitt is just super precious!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your card turned out amazing! I love how you used those colors together and great job with that sketch! Love the pic of your little guy, he's such a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh, I just love Emmitt's sweet face! Thank you for sharing!


    Great card! You did a fabulous job combining the challenges. The gel pen and gemstone details are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love the Card! Great colors--Perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. LOL Em looks like he's trying hard to be patient. You can see him thinking.. "ok, I'll let you take this shot if you give me a cookie."

    The card is hot! That color just makes me want to make red beans and rice! LOL Stupid.. I know... maybe it's the concussion talking but I love that color and the drastic contrast with the kraft is grabbing me.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love the rich colors! I really need to get my act together and try more of these fun challenges you highlight!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!
Have a great day! :)
Anne Marie