Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Hand Stamped Sentiments Challenge #56: To "Die" For

Hello and Happy Terrific Tuesday! :) It's time for another weekly challenge over at Hand Stamped Sentiments! Want to play along? Well, all you have to do is show us a creation "To Die For"! Hee, Hee! C'mon, bust out your die cuts and join in the fun! How easy is THAT? 


For my creation this week, I am sharing some inspiration from one of my favorite stampers: Nance Leedy. She's awesome! I have been wanting to make these fun flowers from the Floral Fusion die since I saw a card she made HERE. For this one, I tried to channel my "inner-Nance" and created my version, with a "shabby-licious" spin!
Here are some details from my card: 
  • Paper Piecing is so fabby! I stamped and cut out these little dress forms from the Springtime Vintage DSP. Yes, I used the paper snips again...I do NOT like cutting, but it was necessary for this endeavor. Then, I popped them up with some Stampin' Dimensionals and added a little "belt o' pearls" to fancy them up a bit. 
  • I also embossed the DSP with the Square Lattice Embossing Folder for some more texture. You just can't ever have TOO much texture, can you? Embossing your DSP is a fun way to pack a subtle punch on any project! 
  • I misted the layered, die-cut flowers with some Vanilla Shimmer Smooch Spritz for some sparkle and shine. I also folded-in the petals while they were damp to add more dimension. A quick blast of the Heat Tool set them in their place. Then, I topped them off with some Basic Pearls.
  • Who loves Seam Binding? I do, I DO!! *jumping up and down, while frantically making "jazz-hands"* Hmmm, seam binding isn't usually that wide...IS IT? Nope. But when you layer two pieces side-by-side and add a piece of Chantilly 1/2" Crochet Trim over the "seam", no one will ever know the difference! Ha...sneaky, sneaky!  I also added a piece of lace to the center of the bow to switch things up a bit. I wanted to repeat the Itty Bitty punch from the center of the flowers but decided to add a Bitty Button over the Bitty punch for a little somethin' extra. (That's a LOT of "bitty's" in one sentence...eeek!)
  • Finally, I wrapped up this shabby-chic creation with a decorated inside. I think this could be a fun card for a birthday or simply to just say hello to a dear friend. What is better then that? That's why there isn't a sentiment inside. You can always add it on when the time is right...or just write a perfect handwritten message. That's always cool, too! 
Thanks so much for stopping by! I really hope you will play along with us at Hand Stamped Sentiments this week. Enjoy your day and if you would, please leave a comment to say hello.


But before I go, I have had a few emails about my Benjamin Maxwell. To give further proof that he is a "hot-mess", here is a photo from yesterday. He really DOES get comfortable anywhere he can. Look at the open mouth...ugh!! I call this one "Benny & the Mac". *suddenly, I have that Elton John song, "Benny & the Jets" stuck in my head...Lol!* Until next time...


SU! Supply List: 
Stamps: Sew Sweet and You're a Gem (both from Occasions Mini catalog)
Ink: Early Espresso Classic ink
Papers: Springtime Vintage DSP (Occasions Mini), Rose Red, Pear Pizzazz, Crumb Cake and Very Vanilla card stock
DIe Cuts: Floral Fusion Sizzlet Die and oval/scalloped oval dies (non-SU!) 
Accessories: Square Lattice Embossing folder, Rose Red Seam Binding, I/2" Crochet Trim in Chantilly, Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack, Basic Pearls, Bitty Button, Vanilla Shimmer Smooch Spritz, Scallop Edge Border punch (inside) and Stampin' Dimensionals 

40 comments:

  1. Anne Marie, your card is gorgeous !! A absolutely like the colors and the flowers are so lovely. Very, very great vintage style !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving the pic of kitty, what a cutie :) Your card is beautiful, love all the texture and the paper piecing, great job and gorgeous card. Love the new look to you blog also. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card! Love the flowers and everything else. So very pretty.
    Benjamin Maxwell looks very contented!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this card! The ribbon, patterned paper, flowers... Everything looks great together. Great job :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a lovely looking card :) You have such a great eye for colour.

    (And the cattitude is gorgeous...our two longhaired ginger cats always sleep on their backs)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Benjamin Maxwell looks almost comatose ... what a life!
    Your card is so well done ... the paper piecing and the flowers ...done to perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card - the snipping was really worth it! I have my fingers crossed for seam binding in our upcoming mini - I NEEEED a cherry cobbler ribbon option!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this wonderful card!! I love the embossing on the DSP-what a great idea...I've only used it on solid cardstock and I never noticed the dress pattern on the DSP-gasp!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Silly me...I see now that you made the dress with paper piecing...I had the idea that it was the design in the paper...way too late in the afternoon to not be awake!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. Can I get a "oh my gosh that's the coolest thing I've ever seen"? OH yeah... I knew you could do. Everybody all together now... WAY TO GO Anne Marie!

    I'm ga ga over this card! That stamp right there... that one you used.. yeah that one... I freaking LOVE that stamp. The rest of the set is ok... but that one? That one rocks!

    Of course you had to go all out and do the paper pieces and the shiny and the ohhhhhlala with the seam binding. Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this card. Great design and colors. Terrific.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anne Marie -- your card is just lovely. You did an awesome job on this card. I love your color selection, how you arranged everything, I can't stop looking at your card. AWESOME!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your paper piecing and the beautiful flowers, going to have to pull my die out and make some.
    www.cleverandcute.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW!!! Love love love it! Those flowers are terrific, but I really like those dress forms! I have to get a stamp set like that. My mom use to make a LOT of my clothes growing up and is going to give me sewing lessons in the spring!
    I'm sure she'd appreciate cards with a sewing theme!

    Going to get some of my sizzix die cuts out to play along!!
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous! It's absolutly gorgeous! I love everything on your blog! I'm glad you finally said hello on SC. I'm your newest follower. Stop by sometime.

    yolanda-tryingtobecreative.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I was just trying to decide if I would like the lace ribbon...I'm sure I do now! Thanks for the ideas...Following from SC
    stampingsolutions.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wowzers Anne Marie! I'm LOVIN' everything I see on your card!!!! The texture, design, flowers....I could just go on & on LOL!!! Excellent work Hun & tfs!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is so pretty! Love that you embossed the ds paper. Love those little flowers too.

    Robbie

    ReplyDelete
  19. I LOVE YOUR CARD!!! So pretty and I love that set, can i just say that your cat looks SO comfy... how cute!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Anne Marie, your card is STUNNING! I love the paper piecing and all the fabulous details. Jazz hands is right!

    I totally have to get that flower die now!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh dear Anne.. this is beautiful.. what can I say.. you rocked the challenge girl.. Just beautiful!
    Thanks for sharing.. WOW!

    Inky hugs, Pauline

    ReplyDelete
  22. I just found your blog and it's AWESOME! I too have a mini Schnauzer and he is your dog's twin.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Absolutely stunning! A fabulous vintage-style card!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Anne Marie,

    Wonderful vintage card! I love those dresses and the pearl embellishments. Just love stopping by your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Anne Marie, Love your cat! I have two and they are always "helping". The card is beautiful. Love how you embossed the DSP. Followed you over from SC.
    Thanks for sharing and have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Those flowers are to die for! I will have to make some of those ... love 'em! Stunning card! Benjamin is adorable with those front paws curled ... that's a good life!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Your card is awesome! Love all the colors. Your left side bar of companions is fantastic too, especially the ribbon consultant. Their names are great! (can you tell I like animals?)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wonderful card! The die cut flowers are really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  29. This looks like a fun challenge! Your flowers are soo pretty all layered up like that! The photo of your "helper" is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Anne,
    Your card is so shabby chic beautiful. I love the DSP. I wasn't going to buy the Sew Suite stamp set but now you've made me want to buy it for the dress form. I love that you paper pieced them. Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  31. OK... nothing to say on this one.... except... S T U N N I N G!!!!!!
    love the pic of Benjamin Maxwell, too!
    You did Nance proud :-)
    hugs
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  32. Stunning card. Gorgeous Benjamin Maxwell. I love his name!!!

    ReplyDelete
  33. OMG!! Anne Marie, you ROCK! I like your card better than mine ;-)! I love how the embossed DSP looks like fabric, the paper pieced dress forms are perfection, the ribbon OMG and those flowers--love the colors and layering. Simply stunning my friend and I am blushing from all your sweet sentiments. Thank you for all the praise--I think you're pretty fantastic too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  34. Wow!! Fantastic! The flowers, pearls...lace and seam binding...even the inside is gorgeous! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  35. wow this is BEAUTIFUL! Loving the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Mr. Benjamin Maxwell is a STAR!! And he's smart, too! LOL! Looks like you have a wonderful helper for your blog posts :)

    GAHHHHHHHHHHHHH On your card! I love the soft, subtle hues on your card - almost has a vintage feel to it :) STUNNING STUNNING STUNNING flowers! This has some serious WOW factor! x0x0

    ReplyDelete
  37. Anne Marie, This is an awesome card. I love, love, love the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  38. I am really regretting not buying that stamp set now. What a great card and genius using the DSP over the images. Thanks for the tip to keep the flowers in place!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Hi Anne Marie, add me to your list of admirers. This card is absolutely gorgeous. Oh, Thank you for all your visits to my blog.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!
Have a great day! :)
Anne Marie