Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Bold and Sparkly Blossoms

Howdy! Not sure how Wednesday crept up so quickly this week, but here it is. I wanted to share a card I made earlier today inspired by two awesome challenges that I haven't played along with in awhile. First, I used the fun sketch from Stamping 411
Then I paired it up with this week's color combo at The Color Dare
Regal Rose
Old Olive 
Early Espresso

I was also really excited to use two new items from the Summer Mini Catalog for my card, the Bold Blossoms stamp set and the Blossom Bouquet Triple Layer Punch. That punch completely ROCKS, by the way! You can really do a LOT with it. This was also the first time EVER, I was able to get my Scallop Trim Corner punch to work correctly. CLICK HERE for an tutorial from Connie Collins that makes the process super-simple. (Thanks Connie!) I wanted to share it in case anyone else out there is "corner punch challenged" like me. Haha! :) 
If you have visited me before, you know how I love, ok, LOVE sparkle. I jazzed up my blossoms by inking them up with the Versamark ink pad, then sprinkled some Iridescent Ice Embossing Powder over them.  A quick blast of the Heat Tool and they were ready to party on my card! :) I also heat embossed the sentiment, although it is tough to see in the main photo. Finally, here is a quick shot of the inside of the card: 
Thanks for stopping by! Have a great rest of your day today! :) 

Stampin' Up! Supply List: 
Stamps: Bold Blossoms
Ink: Old Olive Classic ink, Early Espresso Classic ink and Versamark
Paper: Regal Rose DSP (from a retired hostess paper pack), Regal Rose, Old Olive, Early Espresso and Whisper White card stock
Accessories: Blossom Bouquet Triple Layer punch, Scallop Trim Border punch, Scallop Trim Corner punch, Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack, Iridescent Ice Embossing powder, Mistletoe Ribbon Originals (ret.), Basic Pearls, Stamp-A-Ma-Jig, Heat Tool, Signo Uni-Ball White gel pen and Stampin' Dimensionals

28 comments:

  1. Another beauty!!! Now you're making me want that new punch! Love your card.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a lot AM...I didn't get that punch!!! Hehehe! It is on my list now! This is super cute with the razzle dazzle embossed flowers and that fabulously tied bow! Thanks for joining us at the Colour Dare!
    HUGS!!!!
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun and cheerful card! You did a great job with that sketch, too. How've you been? I've been thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is ADORABLE! Thanks for playing with us at Color Dare this week! You rocked this challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful creations, Anne Marie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this and I love sparkle, is that a TX thing? Oh I loved sparkle in CT as well...Great card and colors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sparkles are girls' best friend, didn't you hear? I love these gorgeous flowers! They really make the card pop. Actually i love all the amazing details....especially those elegant pearls.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love all the flowers and pearls and your bow is beyond perfection! Just fabulous! Thanks so much for playing along this week at Stamping 411! Blessings, Gretchen

    ReplyDelete
  9. OOOOOH! Pretty card Anne Marie! I *just* received my new punch yesterday, so I'm definitely going to play today! Thanks for the inspiration :) WTG!

    Thanks for joining us at Color Dare this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. you inspire me Anne Marie ~ WOW!!!! I can't wait to play with my punch as well ~ TFS and have a wonderful day ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely Card and yes, so sparkly!! Precious thanks for share the link on how to make the corners I need to practice, I always do it wrong. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a super cute card! I saw it on Stamping 411 - it really stands out! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE this...question...how do you tie such a perfect bow?!!?

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful card, Anne Marie! I love the sparkly flowers - they fit your personality to a "T"!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is beautiful! I am linking this up on Practical Scrappers this week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful flowers and i like the pearls. Great color choice too. Great card, Anne Marie !!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow this is amazing! I love the sparkly flowers! Love every little detail you put into this card!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderful fun card - I haven't used iridescent ice in FOREVER!!! Thanks for the reminder. And thanks for playing along with the Color Dare this week.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi, great card! Hope you got my e-Mail :-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Pretty work with this fun punch!! What a wonderful card, Anne Marie!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love this card and your blog.
    Check mine out if you would like
    Www.bethfesperman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. You totally rocked these challenges! Love the added iridescence on the punched flowers! Thanks for playing along with Color Dare!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful! I have to get that punch! I love the sparkle and the detail added with the white gel pen.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeous card!! I love all the pretty sparkly flowers! Thanks for playing along with us on The Color Dare challenge! I don't think I ever thanked you personally for introducing me The Color Dare. I'm now on the design team! Funny, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful. I love the Colors you chose. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!
Have a great day! :)
Anne Marie