Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Hand Stamped Sentiments #68: A Theme Challenge


Hello there and Happy Tuesday! I hope your week is off to a great start. Hand Stamped Sentiments is back in action this week with a patriotic-themed challenge. Memorial Day is coming up here in the U.S. on Sunday, to honor those who have given their lives to serving our country. We invite you to share your project celebrating military heroes this week! 
I decided to create cards for a few of our good friends, who received military promotions last week. I whipped up 5 of these, to have 1 extra to have on hand. As these were "guy-cards", I had to hold back on the bling. So...I just compensated with lots of layers and texture! ;)

I used the Service and Sacrifice stamp set, which has seen a LOT of ink since I bought it. With my husband currently serving in the Air Force, I have had many occasions to use this set. From promotions, to retirements, to deployments or just to simply say thank you, the set is so perfect for cards for military members. I colored the flag images using Classic Ink Pads and Blender Pens. All the supplies used are listed at the end of the post. 
Both sentiments on the card are stamped in Not Quite Navy Craft ink and heat-embossed with Clear Embossing Powder, to make them stand out. I wanted to add some extra dimension by popping up the layers, too. (Note to self: order more Stampin' Dimensionals soon!) Here is the inside of the card, to celebrate the occasion: 
Hop on over to the Hand Stamped Sentiments blog and take a peek at what the rest of the Design Team has created for your inspiration. I sure hope you will play along this week. Thanks for popping by to visit.  Have a GREAT day today! :) 

Stampin' Up! Supply List: 
Stamps: Service and Sacrifice
Ink: Not Quite Navy Craft ink, Riding Hood Red Classic ink and Not Quite Navy Classic ink (for coloring the flags)
Paper: Riding Hood Red, Not Quite Navy and Very Vanilla card stock 
Accessories: Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder, Square Lattice embossing folder, Clear embossing powder, Heat Tool, 1" Circle punch, 1 1/4" Circle punch, Decorative Label punch, 2" x 1 3/8" XL Oval punch, Riding Hood Red 1 1/4" Striped Grosgrain ribbon (ret.), Blender Pens (to color flags) and an over-abundance of Stampin' Dimensionals
Non SU! Accessories: the "non-girly", silver pearls on the front  :) 

16 comments:

  1. This is just SUPER! Love the clean lines of this. So pretty and a great card.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card Anne Marie. Love the heavy layering. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. How great is this card, so perfect for the military and Memorial Weekend, so sad to hold back on bling, but yeah guess guys really don't like that stuff. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a really cute card and perfect for the upcoming weekend!! I love the layout and I also like embossing with Craft Ink as well.:) TFS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anne Marie what a perfect card for those who have served ...(and thanks to your family as well). Depending on the sentiment this would be a great card to add to the ones I make for "From Our Hearts"..sent to the chaplins to give to our troops.
    Your previous post is a WOW gift set as well..(couldn't post to blogger the last few days ???).
    Love them both. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Anne Marie,

    I hope this comment finally goes through. Your Memorial Day card is awesome with those wonderful flags.

    ReplyDelete
  7. AM - stunning! A perfect masculine card and a great use of this stamp set. I love all the texture you managed to get into this card. really amazing.
    hugs
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice and Pretty Card! Very suitable for the oncoming Holiday! TFS :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Patriot, indeed!!! AND stunning as well! I love the rich and bold colors along with those adorable little flags. Every detail is spot on down to the striped ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anne Marie, this card is so... I don't even have the right words. It's amazing. It brings a tear to my eye and makes me want to stand up and salute. You did such a wonderful job on this card. Gives me a surge of pride to be an American.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love those mini flags! Great way to showcase them.

    Robbie

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE LOVE LOVE it.. Such wonderful Details. What a great Promotion Card! I am sure your Friends will love them!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great way to commemorate a promotion!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey There Anne Marie! I'm lovin' the layout & colors you used on this beauty....I may be casing this for a Convention swap LOL!!!!

    Don't worry, you won't be feeling silly at all because you're definitely getting one of my Funky Fold cards!! I hope you enjoy it Hun! Have a great weekend!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous Memorial Day creation! Lovely tribute to our Nation's Heroes.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I so totally love your patriotic card! It is beautiful. I love the design.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!
Have a great day! :)
Anne Marie