Sunday, May 15, 2011

On the Grow Swap Cards

Hello there! Looks like Blogger is finally back up and running smoothly again after all the issues last week. I wanted to share a card I made for a monthly demo swap I participate in. I recently received the new On the Grow stamp set from the Summer Mini Catalog and have been excited to ink it up for the first time. 


Admittedly, I am not the best at water-coloring, but I have been practicing. What better way then to color 17 stamped images in a row? :) I used my ink pads and blender pens to color the images, then added Crystal Effects to the vase and the centers of the flowers. Then I sprinkled some Dazzling Diamonds Glitter on the centers of the flowers for some sparkle. I distressed the edges with the Color Spritzer Tool and some sponged ink, too. 
 Here are the swaps all ready to be boxed up and shipped off: 
I got my inspiration for these cards from a few different challenges (check them out for some great ideas): 

  • Craft Us Crazy - Use a favorite embellishment and/or something new (I used glitter and pearls for the embellishments and my new stamp set and new satin ribbon for something new! )
  • 4 Crafty Chicks - Spring-inspired cards
  • Creative Card Crew - Flower-themed project
  • Friday Mashup - used the sketch from a few weeks ago, because I really like it! :) 
Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a HAPPY day today! 

Stampin' Up! Supply List: 
**Order anytime by clicking HERE to go to my website**
Stamps: On the Grow
Ink: Basic Black, Pear Pizzazz, Rich Razzleberry, So Saffron and Crumb Cake Classic ink
Paper: Pear Pizzazz, Rich Razzleberry, Crumb Cake and Very Vanilla card stock
Accessories: Square Lattice Embossing Folder, Finial Press Embossing Folder, Paper Crimper, Rich Razzleberry 5/8' Satin ribbon, Word Window punch, Modern Label punch, Scallop Edge Border punch, 1 1/4" Circle punch, 1 3/8" Circle punch, Paper Piercing tool, Crystal Effects, Dazzling Diamonds glitter, Color Spritzer tool, Crumb Cake Stampin' Write Marker, Stamping Sponges, Stampin' Dimensionals and Basic Pearls

30 comments:

  1. hi anne, what a great and lovely cards you made, was so much fun to be here again...love peet

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a lovely card and so great pretty with those colors. Your water coloring is perfect, great job. Hope you are doing well, give the puppies a treat for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are gorgeous Anne Marie and your watercoloring is perfect! Crystal effects is awesome - I use it for so many things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Anne Marie ... these cards are nothing short of stunning. Lucky swap recipients to receive one of these beauties from you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ann Marie I think your watercoloring is beautiful! I'm just amazed at this set... depending how the flowers are colored ... it gives a whole new look and species of flower. So pretty. Your swap card is going to be hoarded... and how about you making 4 challenges! You go girl.
    Thanks for such a sweet comment on my wedding card too. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cards as always Anne Marie! I think your watercoloring is FAB....TFS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your swappers will be thrilled with this stunning beauty, Anne Marie!! What gorgeous work!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nicely done, thanks for playing this week at 4 Crafty Chicks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty card and lovely colors !!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely card and your watercoloring is awesome. Thank you for joining us at Craft us Crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow - you watercolored 17 stamped images at once? Amazing!!! You did a beautiful job watercoloring the main image. The distressed touches with sponging and the spritzer are just perfect. I love the color combination also.

    I'm adding this card to my inspiration file. Hope all is well and I'll try not to take such an extended break from blogging again and commenting. I updated my blog this morning. It's been a tad crazy here lately. :(

    ReplyDelete
  12. So gorgeous!! Love the colors you used. I would say...doing 17 of these in a row can really help with the technique and I'd say it worked for you!! Just gorgeous!!!
    Love the sketch layout!!

    So......I 'think' we are leaving CT on Wed for TX.....Our first game is 8pm on Friday night vs A&M.
    Not sure what the game schedule will be on Saturday - but it depends on how we do on Friday night.
    You can always check this site: http://www.ncaa.com/brackets/softball/d1/2011 if you wanted to follow along!!!!
    TX here I come :)
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is such a beautiful card. You put a great deal of work into it. Thanks for blessing my evening!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very beautiful card! Great job on the water coloring. Practice makes perfect? Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The Card is Beautiful Anne!

    Hugs
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anne Marie, the gals who get one of your 17 swap cards are truely fortunate. What a beautiful card fromthe colour combo to all the detail. The crystal effects and dazzling diamonds are a beautiful touch. Thanks for sharing your amazing talents!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful, Anne Marie! The Crystal Effects added the perfect touch! This is a card anyone would love to receive!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Anne, Love your card. I just ordered that set because of all the wonderful cards I have been seeing.

    Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very pretty card! Thanks for playing in our "spring" challenge this week at 4 Crafty Chicks!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Precious Cards WOW watering all those images!! Great job. The Pear Pizzazz and Rich Razzleberry look beautifully toghether. TFS :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. These are really nice cards! Perfect coloring and lots of layers - awesome job. I love your blog too!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow! This is positively gorgeous! Love the coloring and the whole color combo.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Anne Marie - your watercoloring rocks! It looks beautiful. I adore the half round tab and pearls - what a great accent.

    I used your lovely shower gel and lotion before my big party on Saturday, (pics on my blog). They made me smell as delicious as my cakes! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  24. Truly stunning!! Look at all those perfectly colored flowers? I wish I had an ounce of your blending, coloring skill...:) Your card always have such amazing artistic finish. Whomever receives them is so lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  25. You did an awesome job watercoloring, the card is beautiful.

    Thanks for sharing,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  26. Anne Marie,

    This is a beautiful card. I love the colors you used. This will be a hit with the other swappers.

    Robbie

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hey girlie! This is seriously beautiful and wow, that is one big bunch of swap cards :) I am sorry that I haven't been by - for some reason you aren't showing up on my blogger list :*( But I see your comments on blogs that I visit so I know you are doing well - just missing all the paper "eye candy" you have been posting - woot, woot! x0x0

    ReplyDelete
  28. Anne, Your card is great!! I love your flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Gorgeous cards! The people in the swap are going to be happy to get these. I love the colors and texture.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love your beautiful card. Pretty color combo too.
    Thanks so much for joining us in our “use your FAVorite Embellishment(s) and/or Something New” challenge at Craft Us Crazy and hope you will join us again!
    Huggies ~
    Sharron♥

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!
Have a great day! :)
Anne Marie