Sunday, May 22, 2011

Paper Players Challenge #48-A Sketch Challenge

Howdy! It's Sunday and that means it's time for another fabby challenge at The Paper Players! Nance is our hostess this week with this super, sketch. We would really love it if you would play along and share YOUR project with us. :) 
For this card, I inked up the new Strength and Hope stamp set, for the first time. This set is SO awesome because not only is is beautiful, but by purchasing the set you are also helping to make a difference in the fight against breast cancer. CLICK HERE for more details!  
For my butterfly, I used a mixture of the *new* Melon Mambo embossing powder and Iridescent Ice embossing powder to add some sparkle. Mixing embossing powders together is such a fun technique. Just head to the grocery store and snag a few of those disposable "Glad-Ware" containers. You can easily mix up your embossing powders for fun combinations on your creative projects. You can mix together as much, or as little, as you need in the containers. Think of the possibilities! After I embossed and cut out the butterfly, I inked up the edges with Melon Mambo Classic ink.

There is a LOT of dimension on this card, which you can't really see in the main photo. I went a little crazy with both the Stampin' Dimensionals (25) AND the pearls (19) on this one. :) 
Finally, here is the finished inside of the card, using the left-over's from the front:
Thanks so much for stopping by. I hope you will play along with this week's sketch at The Paper Players. Be sure to swing by and see what the rest of the lovely ladies on the DT have cooked up this week. There are some awesome projects!! Before you move on, please leave a comment and say hello. Have a very HAPPY day! :) 

Simply because I CAN'T resist a sweet, furry face...I wanted to share a photo of my little Emmitt. Note the "mess" in his beard and paws. My boys were spoiled with treats (from Petco) this week and his face just says it all....pure bliss! :) 
Stampin' Up! Supply List: 
Stamps: Strength and Hope
Paper: Porcelain Prints DSP (ret.), Melon Mambo, Baja Breeze, River Rock and Very Vanilla card stock
Ink: Versamark, Melon Mambo, River Rock and Baja Breeze Classic ink
Accessories: Scallop Trim Border punch, 1 1/4" Circle punch, 1 3/8" Circle punch, Itty Bitty Punch pack, Circle Scissors Plus, Melon Mambo Embossing Powder, Iridescent Ice Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, Melon mambo Stampin' Write marker, Baja Breeze Seam binding, Square Lattice embossing folder, Basic Pearls and Stampin' Dimensionals
Non SU! Accessories: scallop circle die cut

28 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! I love all the dimension and layers. I tend to shy away from using River Rock, but I love it with the other colors. Off to my craft room to mix up some embossing powder...thanks for the tip! ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have rocked this stamp set - love the colors you chose. And how cute is Emmitt? Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at that grin on Emmitt! He lookes like he is the happiest guy in town right now! And he looks like he loves his mommy!! Your card is SO pretty, the "glitterfly" and the inside with the trim punch, all make for a special card!
    Hugs!
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, Anne Marie! The pearls are the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yikes...I forgot to mention that Mr. Emmitt is quite the handsome man. The Twins LOVE Petco. It is their favorite place to shop!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is very pretty. Love the layers and the progression of sizes of pearls on the butterfly's body.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow! I love all of the depth...such a piece of art!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous Anne Marie! I love your scallop border with all those dainty pearls. So pretty my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! This is spectacular. I had no idea you could fit 25 dimensionals on one card! Your butterfly is gorgeous and the bow is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card Anne Marie. I love the colour combination you used and the Hope and Strength stamp set is so versatile.

    Mr Emmitt is so cute and his expression says it all....thanks Mom

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my gosh, Anne Marie! This card is STUNNING! Wow. Just perfect in every way. Absolutely gorgeous! I think this is my all-time favorite of yours. Just wow.

    And Emmitt... gosh, he melts my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oops? Do you have word verification? If so, I think I might have accidentally deleted my comment my xing out...

    ReplyDelete
  13. I guess not! Sorry for all the extra posts!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well, this is even more beautiful up close than on the PP blog! Gorgeous! You are your own best customer--25 dimensionals & 19 pearls!!!! But it is SO worth it--it's gorgeous! And sweet little Emmitt---what a face! I just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous Anne Marie ! Love the colors and all the pearls !

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful work with this wonderful layout, Anne Marie! I love all the fabulous layering!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is one beautiful card Anne Marie! Love all the dimension & added sparkle...awesome work as always my friend & TFS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous card Anne! I just love that stamp set and really, really like how you used it here. So very pretty.
    (Emmitt looks SO happy!)
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  19. Anne, this is GORGEOUS!!! All those beautiful layers with their wonderful textures and once again, those pearls..... such an elegant, soft effect they add.

    EEEEEEEEE.... look at that happy face!! :o) Give your boys a belly rub for me.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This card is so Beautiful! I also love this stamp set. I like all the little touches, the mini flower, the pearls, and that Perfect bow! Thanks for sharing!!

    Hugs
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful card! I love the colors, texture and layers.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Just beautiful! I love the colours and all the layering! Take care,
    Shanna :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Seriously, I have to echo Jen...25 dimensionals?! WOW, I didn't know that many would fit on a card! But if your card is the result of that many then I need to start using mine! It's fabulous. Adore these colors together, love the glitter butterfly and the way your bow is so artfully arranged! All 'round gorgeousness!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I really loved this card. All the pearls are the perfect touch.

    ReplyDelete
  25. OK... lets get to the pic of Emmitt first. ADORABLE! brought such a smile to my face!
    Now.. your card is stunning. Those dimensionals and pearls were not wasted on this truly fabulous card. It's soft, subtle, serene and stunning!
    hugs
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  26. I just love this Stamp Set! So Pretty the Card is gorgeous, TFS :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Yowza - 25 dimensionsals?! whoa... but the card looks fabulous. Love the colors and you definitely rocked the sketch! And I sure hope you never lose any dimensionals in Emmitt's beard. They'd be a pain to get out (ask me how I know!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Anne, this card is lovely! I am totally going to add it to my Pinterest account as a card worth caseing! Great job.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!
Have a great day! :)
Anne Marie