Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Hand Stamped Sentiments #70: Father's Day Challenge

Hello there! It's Tuesday and that means it is time for another fun challenge at Hand Stamped Sentiments. This week, it's all about the guys with our Masculine/Father's Day challenge. We sure hope you will join us this week and play along. :) 
For my card, I realized, yet again, that I really need to add more masculine sets to my "stamping arsenal". I used a retired set, Plane and Simple for this one. I was SO hoping it would make it into the new catalog coming up July 1st.  But, it was not meant to be. Still, this is a set I will continue to hang on to. 

I don't know about you, but I tend to struggle with "guy cards". This gal LOVES her bling and it is often tough for me to remember that "less is more" when it comes to cards with a masculine theme. I went to my "dude consultant" (aka: my hubby) for some feedback on this one.
The stamped image and sentiment are both heat embossed for some extra pop. The airplane image was then distressed, with a few different tools. First, I used the Color Spritzer tool with both a Cajun Craze and a More Mustard Stampin' Write Marker. Then, I sponged More Mustard ink towards the center of the image. Another sponge with Cajun Craze ink was used around the outside of the card stock where the image was stamped. Lastly, I took a Sponge Dauber with Always Artichoke ink and dabbed ink over the embossed image and also around the outer edges of the card stock. I also used sponging and the Color Spritzer tool on all of the the other layers, too.  
Since I was restricted from adding sparkly bling, I went with LOTS of dimension. Every layer is popped up using a lot of Stampin' Dimensionals. A complete list of products used can be found at the end of the post, too. 

Finally, here is the finished inside of the card. This one is actually for my step-father. I am almost 100% certain he doesn't visit my blog on a regular basis, so I'm not going to ruin the surprise. :) 
Please hop on over to the Hand Stamped Sentiments blog and check out what the rest of the gals on the Design Team have created. We would love it if you would join in the fun with this week's challenge. Thanks for visiting! 

Have a very HAPPY day! :) 
*Click HERE to shop for Stampin' Up! 24/7*

Stampin' Up! Supply List: 
Stamps: Plane and Simple (ret.) and Something to Celebrate (ret. hostess sentiment)
Ink: Basic Black Craft ink, Always Artichoke, More Mustard, Cajun Craze Classic ink 
Paper: To the Nines Specialty DSP (ret., inside), Cajun Craze, Always Artichoke, More Mustard and Very Vanilla card stock
Accessories: Clear Embossing powder, Cajun Craze, More Mustard, Always Artichoke Stampin' Write Marker, Color Spritzer Tool, Sponges, Sponge Daubers, star brad (ret.), silver brads, Stampin' Dimensionals and Framed Tulips Embossing folder
Non SU! Accessories: striped embossing folder

29 comments:

  1. what a great card you made, love the colours, the image..just love it al....well done..Love Peet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, I love what you have done here! I can't believe that you made that EF look masculine! INcredible!! I love that HPH embellishment too! Awesome Dad's Day card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a wonderful guy card with so many awesome details! Sure to please!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - I'd say you hit this out of the ballpark! Very masculine and perfect!! Love that airplane and the silver embellies :)

    Hope all is well!!!
    Maria :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job with the "guy" card and not being able to add the bling. Love the colors and how you did the airplane.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW, I love what you've done with this plane. The colours and shading is spectacular. I also love the masculine bling!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it! This is beautiful! You need to start selling these things ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Talk about a perfect masculine card. Everything about this beauty is perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the vintage look you have achieved with this card. TFS
    www.cleverandcute.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Anne Marie. I agree with your hubby and the rest of the lovely ladies. This card is so masculine. What a great idea to add the star brad to the airplane image. It's like they are made for each other :)

    Have a beautiful day Anne.
    Inky hugs, Pauline

    ReplyDelete
  11. A wonderful, manly card! Love all the little things done to make this as great as your 'girly' cards!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a cool effect on the plane! Love the depth of the colors! I agree on the "bling" just enough for a man's card. And just enough to satisfy us! LOL! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great card - I too am surprised they are retiring this useful Man set! Love the spritzing - I must get my spritzer out and dust if off! X

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anne Marie, I didn't think anyone could use the tulip embossing folder and make it look masculine. You, my friend, achieved that! :-) I LOVE the colors, the use of the metal element. Just fabulous!
    hugs
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! I think this is one of the best "man cards" I have seen in a long time. I love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anne Marie, this is just fantastic!! Love the color combination and all the dimension but I REALLY love all your spritzing and sponging and that fabby trio of embellishments. Super job, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your card Anne Marie! The colors are perfect together. I love how you did the outline on the image.

    Robbie

    ReplyDelete
  18. Anne Marie ~ I absolutely love this card. I love the effect all around the plane! FABULOUS!!!! TFS and have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Perfect card for a man, Anne Marie. I like the different layers and the brads.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great *man* card Anne Marie! Love the colors & dimension of it....excellent work as always & TFS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I really like this masculine card. Has lots of texture and definition and an airplane. You did it again - another hit! By the way, your step-father has your blog link on his favorites. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Absolutely fabulous, Anne Marie! Another perfect masculine card!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Fabulous father's day card. I love the choice of colors and your layout. Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is a wonderful, masculine card! I love the embossing (both kinds) and the color combo you used.




    --Cheryl--

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love this stamp set and what you have created with it! This is the PERFECT masculine/Father's Day card! Great color combination too!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Well done! Love the layering and strong color palette. I wish someof the masculine sets had made it to the new IBC too...guess it means we have to buy something new! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  27. Anne Marie this is Art, I think you sould frame it! All the sponging and spritzing is so perfect for a Man Card. I love it. One of the best Man Cards I have seen this year!

    Hugs
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  28. Beautiful! What an inspiration! TFS!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!
Have a great day! :)
Anne Marie