Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Hand Stamped Sentiments #77-Theme Challenge

Hello and Happy Tuesday to you!

 This week at Hand Stamped Sentiments, we are having some fun with FLOURISHES! 
We sure hope you will play along! 
Thanks also to my bloggin' buddy, Cheryl for letting me know that my card fit the challenge this week at Sentimental Sundays: "Focus on the Sentiment". Check out the site, there is SO much great inspiration there! :) 

The first stamp set that came to mind for this theme was Baroque Motifs. There is something about that big flourish image that I love! I decided to mix it up with one of the new Hostess sets from the new SU! catalog, Posy Punch. The flower coordinates perfectly with the Fancy Flower punch and the images fits the 1" Circle punch. I also ripped open my new Cherry Cobbler embossing powder for the flourish stamp and decided to emboss ALL of the stamped images for some added pop. 
The "houndstooth" pattern on the flower was a perfect match for the Love Letter DSP. Sorry, it's retired...I still have a little more to use up! I also embossed the flourish on some Newsprint DSP because it seemed a little too boring on plain Very Vanilla card stock. All of the supplies I used are listed at the end of the post, if you would like more info. :) 
Finally, here is a quick shot of the inside, ready for a handwritten note: 
I hope you will join us this week at Hand Stamped Sentiments. Be sure to pop over to the site to see what the rest of the lovely ladies on the design team have cooked up for this fabulous FLOURISH challenge. Thanks for visiting and have a very HAPPY day! :) 


Stampin Up! Supply List: 
Stamps: Baroque Motifs (flourish) and Posy Petals (flower and sentiment)
Paper: Love Letter DSP (ret.), Newsprint DSP, Cherry Cobbler, Basic Black and Very Vanilla card stock
Ink: Versa-mark
Accessories: Black embossing powder, Cherry Cobbler embossing powder, Heat Tool, Embossing Buddy, Fancy Flower punch, 1" Circle punch, Framed Tulips embossing folder, Scribbles Swirls Sizzix Die (I think this may be retired??), Basic Pearls and Stampin' Dimensionals
Non SU! Accessories: black ribbon

20 comments:

  1. What a fabulous card---the color combo is quite striking!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card, with the flourish and shine! The hounstooth is perfect with the colors. Fun stuff! Love the new pics of the fur baby crew :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very pretty! Love Cherry Cobbler always and really like the flourish you used too. Great houndstooth paper (and it's already on my list of things I NEED)! Lovely card.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely stunning, Anne Marie! My type of card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous layering!!! Love that black/white paper!! And your flourishes are perfect - especially with the pearls!!!

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH so pretty! Love the houndstooth paper too. One of my favs. The swirls and curls look fabulous! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cheerful card! Love the pop the cherry embossing powder adds! Someone will be very happy to receive this beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so elegant! Love the flourish as the focal point of the card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anne Marie,
    You certainly got inspired! I love all the textures and patterns. All your images are perfectly coordinated. And the colors are stunning! I love black, white and red. Gorgeous flourish image!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is awesome. I love all of the elements and I just love black/white/red cards!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pretty and the colors are striking!! Definitely loving the embossing! Something about that shine and the way it feels. Your cards are always so beautiful....you always inspire me!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous flourishes my friend! Love the embossing on newsprint and the layered flourishes are gorgeous! Just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So pretty! It's no secret this is my favorite color combo, so I loved it at first sight:) Love the Cherry Cobbler EP and the swirl die is perfect on top- I won't part with mine either!

    ReplyDelete
  14. what a fabulous card Anne Marie ~ love the houndstooth and color combo that you used ~ stunning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Outstanding work with these gorgeous swirls, Anne Marie!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is so beautiful and you used one of my favorite color combos!! It all fits together so well.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Dear Anne Marie..
    My youngest daugther loves this card. 'It is almost pink eh mom?' she said. I love it too. You detail swirl Queen :) You've outdone yourself again. Thanks for sharing your card with so many of us again.
    Inky hugs, Pauline

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderful card! I love the color and hounds tooth paper.



    If you are interested, this fits the “Focus on the Sentiment” challenge at Sentimental Sundays .

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very pretty card! Love the added flourish to the background. Lots of texture going on. Fabulous card!

    Robbie

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love this card! So creative.
    www.cleverandcute.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!
Have a great day! :)
Anne Marie