Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Hand Stamped Sentiments #84- Fall Theme

Hello and Happy Tuesday to you! It's time for another fun challenge over at Hand Stamped Sentiments! This week we have a theme-challenge for you. It's all about FALL! Even though the weather is back in the 100's here in South Texas...a gal can pretend there are cooler temps on the horizon...right? *fingers crossed* 
I also incorporated the design from the Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge
So, in making this card, I realized something. I am definitely NOT a "collage-stamper".This one was really tough for me. After owning the French Foliage set for over  year, I finally decided to bestow some ink upon it, for this card. I have seen so many stampers create such gorgeous collage-style layouts with this set and I tried my best to emulate them. I even added some gold embossing and the Color Spritzer Tool to add some texture and dimension. I also sponged some ink on the edges. I'm not so sure how it came out....
Here is the simple inside, ready for a personalized note. Don't you LOVE that Confetti White card stock? I really like the flecks of soft color embedded in the paper. I need to remember to use it more often! 
Thanks for visiting! Please check out the lovely ladies on the Hand Stamped Sentiments Design Team to see what they have created! We hope you will join us in the Fall FUN, this week, too. The challenge is open until Monday September 19th at Noon (CST)


Have a HAPPY day! :) 

Stampin' Up! Supply List: 
Stamps: French Foliage and Teeny Tiny Wishes
Ink: Versa-Mark, Soft Suese, Early Espresso, Not Quite Navy So Saffron and Cajun Craze Classic ink
Paper: Well Worn DSP, Soft Suede, Early Espresso, Cajun Craze, Night of Navy and Confetti White card stock
Accessories: Hemp Twine, 3/4" Circle punch, Word Window punch, Modern Label punch, Gold Embossing Powder, Square Lattice Embossing folder, Scallop Trim Border punch, Chantilly 1/2" Lace trim, Paper Crimper, Color Spritzer Tool, Soft Suede Strampin' Write Marker, Sponges, Stampion Dimensionals and Antique Brads. 

25 comments:

  1. Very pretty, love the distressed feeling of the card with the colors and papers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a collage stamper either. It requires things to touch and well...that is anxiety-producing for me. :) I think you did a great job though; your image panel is gorgeous and pairs wonderfully with that yummy DSP. Great job with a fall card in the middle of our never-ending summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very pretty! Love the fall colors of this fantastic card. Maybe fall will get here sometime soon - hopefully!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh! Wonderful idea to use the well worn for fall! I love the boldness of the blue and cajun with the softness of the other colors! Lots of perfect embellishments too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card. Lots going on with all the layers and texture. Those brads are great with that paper. Have some of both need to remember to use them.

    Robbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just BEAUTIFUL Anne-Marie - love that DSP. X

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous fall card ... definitely nailed this challenge! I like your collage panel and think it is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You did a beautiful job with the collage stamping - this is just gorgeous! Love the twine accent and the beautiful fall colors - yum!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another stunner AM...love that DSP, perfect for Fall and the twine accent and the lace are perfect touches!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I struggle with a collage as well - you'd think it would be easy but it isn't! You just made it look easy here :) Your work is just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Seriously, this has got to be one of my most favorite cards of yours! I too have had the French Foliage stamp set forever, and have never used it. Seeing your beautiful card has made me want to try something. This is simply gorgeous! Hope you are well. Best, Curt

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the French Foliage set! It has been on my wish list for quite sometime! I love what you did with it! Thank you for being an such an inspiration!! FYI... I rushed & bought the Snow Much Fun set after seeing the last card that you made with it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. A perfect example of collage stamping! I love the colors that you selected. The twine works perfectly on this card!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your attempt at a collage. This is one of my favorite stamp sets and I use it all the time, yet I've never attempted a collage either. I think I'll have to give it a try. I think the embossing and the spritzing adds some nice texture. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is fabulous! I especially love the lacy gold leaves! Your collage skills are right on target! Such a beautiful fall card!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ann Marie this is FABULOUS! I LOVE the French Foilage set... one of my favs. I don't think you can use too many colors or different colors with this set. Your collage stamping is fantastic! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ann Marie this is FABULOUS! I LOVE the French Foilage set... one of my favs. I don't think you can use too many colors or different colors with this set. Your collage stamping is fantastic! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderful card!!! I love the collage!! It looks like your an expert!! It's PERFECT!! Great job!! Amy L.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Well, I think it came out beautiful!!! I too am not a 'collage' stamper, but I think you could pass for one!!

    Can't believe you guys are in the 100's still! We woke up to a 45 degree morning!!

    Enjoy the day :)
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous fall card Anne. I really need to make a card for this challenge as I only have one fall card completed so far.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I wish you could understand what a kick I got out of you leaving a comment on my blog... I stalk (oops... check:) your blog daily and I LOVE your work:)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Holy Cow Girl!!! How many hours did this card take you to make?? I LOVE the colors, it makes me want to make and eat soup. You know those comfort foods that one always turns to when it get *winter* like outside... here in TX we accept that as being lower 70's :-)

    ReplyDelete
  23. GORGEOUS leaf collage! The way you framed it is a beautiful work of art. Love the colors they're so rich and warm. The spritzing and the embossing are perfect. Fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh wow! This is gorgeous! I'm not much of a collage stamper either but you did it beautifully here.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love the Well Worn DSP on this card. I'm with you on the collage stamping, but this turned out beautifully, especially with the stamping and embossing mixed together.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!
Have a great day! :)
Anne Marie