Saturday, October 29, 2011

Fancy Folds for Our Creative Corner



Hi there and Happy Saturday to you! I'm so excited to share a fun challenge over at Our Creative Corner brought to you by this week's hostess: Tui Nathan. Tui is challenging us to create a FANCY FOLD card this week. How fun is that??! 
I created a tri-shutter card. It looks so much more difficult then it actually is to create. CLICK HERE for a great tutorial from Splitcoast Stampers. Because this card was SO dimensional, I had a hard time NOT over-embellishing it. 
Believe it or not, this is the FIRST time I have ever created one of these cards. After I finished it I wondered why I hadn't tried this technique sooner. Yup, I might be the first on the planet NOT to have created one of these....

For the dimensional ornament, I simply punched 6 ornaments from the punch of the same name. I folded each in half and distressed them a bit with some Early Espresso ink and a Stampin' Sponge. I stuck the punched ornaments together with liquid glue...added some (ret.) Silver Elastic cord and a hook from the Basic Clip Assortment. I stuck the ornament down with Sticky Strip just to make sure it held on.

The double bow is accented with the mini-jingle bells for fun. Now, this isn't THE card you are going to stick in the mail, but think about how awesome it would be to hand-deliver a card with such fun dimension.  
Each layer was distressed by sponging some Early Espresso ink around the edges:
Here is an overview of the entire card design:
So are YOU ready to get your "FANCY ON"? Please stop by the Our Creative Corner site and check out what the lovely ladies on the DT have created for inspiration this week. We hope you will join us and play along. :) 

Have a HAPPY day! 


Stampin' Up1 Supply List: 
Stamps: Holiday Happiness, Bright Hopes (sentiment)
Paper: Christmas Lane Simply Scrappin' Fit, Letters to Santa DSP, Lucky Limeade, Cherry Cobbler and Whisper White card stock
Ink: Early Espresso and Cherry Cobbler Classic Stampin" Pad
Accessories: Ornament punch, Mini Jingle Bells, Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding, Silver Elastic Cord (ret.), Stampin' Sponges, Basic Rhinestones , Sticky Strip, Clips Assortment and Stamping Sponges

29 comments:

  1. Wow girl! AWESOME!!! I made one of these once and you're right - it is not as hard as it seems and you make it look terrific!!!

    Love that 3d ornament!!!

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. That really pops with the ornament punch. Now I am going to have to make one too. Thanks for the inspiration Anne.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ann Marie, this is amazing! It is absolutely stunning. The ornament has completely knocked my socks off. I feel like you should find some other challenges to enter this one in.... it's completely 'prize worthy' and needs to be seen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have attempted to create one of these, but it sure didn't come out as beautiful as this one. Wow! I think I will have to CASE this one. I would hate to leave off the jingle bells just so I could mail it, but then, it could be mailed in a bubble envelope!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is stunning AM, I love the DSP and the 3-D ornament!! Wowza...I hope I get the chance to play!!!
    Hugs,
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  6. This shutter card is amazing, Anne Marie! You are not the only one - I have never made one of these. I will have to try it sometime since you say it's not as hard as it looks! I love the decorations you included on your card - gorgeous design all around!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is an utter masterpiece, Anne Marie! Just absolutely gorgeous! Love the colors and DP pattern, the way you used the ribbon and especially your 3D ornament. And I have to join in the list of those who haven't done one of these. They scare the pants off me - I know I would work and work on it and then it wouldn't line up - LOL!

    Hope you have a great weekend!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have always wanted to make one of these cards! I might have to give it a try. Thanks for inspiring me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card Anne Marie. Love the traditional colors and the dsp. The jingle bells add the right touch.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous Anne Marie .... how cool are these fabulous cards ... "great minds" ...I love the Christmas version, what a special card for someone special .... I really love your ribbon treatment with the gorgeous 3d ornament and teeny tiny bells ... love everything ... simply superb!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is just gorgeous! I love the 3D ornament, that beautiful bow with the jingle bells and the ribbon! And I am another one who's never made one of these either. But I love this so much I'm going to have to try to make one soon!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, this card is beautiful. And you're not the only one never to have made a tri-fold. I haven't either, but seeing yours has inspired me. I really need to try this. TFS your lovely card; it's perfect! And I love your 4-legged helpers. Your cats are adorable!--Pat N.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card! Love it. It has been fun getting to know you via CPC

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow!! This is beautiful! The papers and embellishments are all just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous card Anne Marie. I always wanted to try but never done. What a little kind of art and i like the 3D ornament. Really beautiful !!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is gorgeous but it looks a little difficult for me. I may try when I get some time.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great card Anne. Love the folds and the papers. The dimensional ornament looks awesome. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is gorgeous. Love all the details and layering, especially the ornament.
    I have made this style card before and I think they turn our so nice.
    Thanks for sharing your beautiful creation.

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a pretty card! Your colours look amazing, love your embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Another beauty Anne Marie. Where do your ideas and inspiration come from ... you never ever seem to be short of either one!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. WOW! another beautiful creation. Totally awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  22. So pretty! I can never co-ordinate my papers and yours are fabulous. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Anne Marie,
    love the card! Its a perfect card to show fancy folds. I agree, its hard to limit the embellishments. But its still fabulous! and I love the dimensional ornament on the front. clever girl! :)
    have a great week.
    hugs, sharon

    ReplyDelete
  24. I really like your colors and the dimension you added to the ornament is genius! What a lovely card! Have a great week, Anne Marie.

    ReplyDelete
  25. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!!!!! This is too adorable!!! Thank you for the inspiration and the WONDERFUL comments!! Hugs to your fur babies too!!!
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  26. WOW! This one fantastically dimensional card!! The paper, ornament, and ribbon really are so perfect together and this is such a 'rich' card! I haven't made one of these in ages...need to try it again!

    ReplyDelete
  27. So wonderful! And you're not the only one who has never made one of these....I've never tried it, and honestly, I'm scared to! It looks like you would have to be very precise to get it to look as wonderful as yours does. And I love the amazing dimension!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Nope, you're not the first on the planet to have not created one like this! I am! This is beyond lovely, with all the complex looking folds. You decorated it so beautifully, and the colors are super for the holidays. Thanks for providing the link for the tutorial,and I'm off to view it. Sure looks complicated! Great card. TFS & Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!
Have a great day! :)
Anne Marie