Saturday, February 18, 2012

Color Splash for Our Creative Corner

Hello there! Well after a busy week, here it is Saturday and it's time for a new weekly challenge at Our Creative Corner. This week, the lovely Tui Nathan is our fabulous hostess and she has a fun challenge for us. 

Here are the challenge details from Tui: 
"Black and White with a splash of Colour" - create a card or paper craft item with the colours black and white, and then add a splash of colour of your choosing! Which way will you go .... classic and elegant, modern and contemporary, clean and simple or shabby chic ... the choice is yours so have fun and be creative!
For my card, I turned to my trusty Owl Builder Punch. I have seen SO many cards on Pinterest lately featuring this little guy, I was itching to get punchy with him again. I have always loved the sentiments from the Perfect Words stamp set (SU! Hostess set) and once I selected RED as my choice for a "splash" of color, I decided that one of these tiny owls needed to take center stage. What better way, then with some sparkle and shine...while his little owl friends look on in admiration. Haha! The sentiment and those little eyes say it all for this "superstar  owl", eh? He really stands out in a crowd! All of the supplies I used are listed at the end of this post. 
Thanks for stopping by today. I sure hope you can join us this week at Our Creative Corner and have some fun making a "splash" with this fun challenge. Please stop by and see what the rest of the gals on the Design Team have created for inspiration this week:


Linda Coughlin- The Funkie Junkie
Vicki Burdick- It's a Stamp Thing
Sue Butler- Scrumplescrunch
Anita Houston- The Artful Maven Haven
Anne Marie Hile- Stampin' Anne
Wendy Janson-  It's All About Stamping
Marcy Kaminski - En Papillote Arts
Holly Kean- Kean On Paper 
Irena Kowalczyk (aka Rudlis) - Love, Life and Crafts
Meihsia Liu- Simply Paper Crafts
Tui Nathan- Stampin Time
Lori Rider- The Diva Stamper
Kristin Tierney- Lilly Beth Boutique
Sharon Wheet- Designs by Sharon

Have a very HAPPY day! :) 


Follow Me on Pinterest

Stampin' Up! Supply List: 
Stamps: Perfect Words (Hostess set)
Paper: Night and Day DSP (ret.), Silver Glimmer Paper, Red Glimmer Paper, Whisper White, Basic Black and Real Red card stock
Ink: Basic Black and Real Red Classic ink
Punches: Owl Builder Punch and Itty Bitty Punch Pack (for the sentiment)
Accessories: Houndstooth Embossing Folder, Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder, Basic Rhinestones (colored with a red marker), Basic Black 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon, Tombow glue and Stampin' Dimensionals

25 comments:

  1. He is definitely an 11...but those little guys in black and white are quite dapper themselves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you have the two black owls looking at the red owl! So subtle, but great!!!!

    What a fun fun card!!!

    Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It turned out amazing! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is gorgeous. It's a beautiful colours combination. I love the delicate and elegant cards.
    Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is totally adorable Anne!!! Love everything about it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am off the computer and into my work room to absolutely CASE this entire card. It is the cutest card I have ever seen and can't wait to add it to my files. THANK YOU! ! !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute, cut, CUTE! Love the red, black and white together and the owls are just precious on here! Great card!!!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  8. How adorable are these guys!!! Love this card. You can't be the owl punch.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You (and this card) are SO clever---outstanding!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Anne Marie
    When I first saw this card I said WOW!
    I am inspired by this one, as I have owl stamps and don't know what to do with them!
    Your design is not unusual, but it is the composition and clever use of pp that stands out for me, and this colour palette just suits your image perfectly, it is a beautiful card.
    Smiles:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This card is definitely a hoot! I love the subtle details - like the 2 owls eyeing the red one - and the splash of red!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is toooo stinkin' cute! OWL I can say is you Rock! hugs

    ReplyDelete
  13. Adorable sweet card! Makes me want to get that punch out and create! Love the black, white and splash of red! Thanks so much for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love owls and this card is so stinkin'cute. TFS your talent. I hope all is well with you.
    Genny

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so so cute, Anne Marie! Love the way you have dressed them up and the mix of the colors is perfect. Terrific texture but what I love most is the way you have to two black guys suspiciously eyeing the red one! That is just too funny! Super job on this week's challenge.

    Hope you have had a great weekend.

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  16. Adorable!!! I just LOVE how you used red sparkle paper for the "touch" of color for your owl!!! Perfect!!! Thank you for always making us smile!!! Amy L.

    ReplyDelete
  17. darling card! i just LOVE this punch, too, it's so cute! :) The sentiment is perfect for this :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lvoe your splash of colour with all the glitz and sparkle Anne Marie, love how hetakescentre stage - and rightly so too! Love the layers and texture too ... fabulous as usual!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love how you did this card. Super cute! Love all the layers and texture.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is a fun card! I love the sentiment and the sweet owls. The bit of sparkle is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such a cute idea and a great way to use this challenge! Love the blinged out owl and it's entourage! Wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love you little owlettes!!! And that sentiment is wonderful. Great texture with the dots...love dots! Your watermark...lol...is awesome...you will have to let me in on how you did that.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hello, Hello ... So cute! I havent had a chance to make these little critters but you have inspired me to do so.

    xo, Marian
    I will follow you on Pinterest and you follow me!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!
Have a great day! :)
Anne Marie