Saturday, June 2, 2012

Dynamic Duos #5 - Clean, Simple and Sassy!

Hi there! Wow, what a crazy week! I'm a little behind on the creative endeavors, I'm so sorry. I DO have my card for the new Dynamic Duos Challenge ready to go, though. It is the first week of the month and we are focusing on a Bold and Sassy Color combo that I just love: Real Red and Island Indigo.

I needed a card for a friend to simply tell her she was fantastic and found my inspiration from this week's Clean and Simple - Fall to Layout #193:
Ok, I know...I seem to love that butterfly die. I use it a LOT, huh? But it is really versatile and I love the dimension it adds to cards. I popped up my layered butterflies on some simple circle punches to make them stand out a wee bit more on the mix of new Summer Smooches DSP. Over all, this was a fairly easy card to put together. Sometimes, just using some pretty paper and a few dies and punches do the trick for a fun CAS card for a friend...who IS really awesome, by-the-way! :) 
Thanks for stopping by to visit today! I sure hope you will join us this week over at Dynamic Duos. The challenge is open until 12:00 noon (PST) on Thursday, June 7th. Please stop by and visit the rest of the lovely ladies on the Design Team to see what they have created with these bold and sassy colors:  
The Dynamic Duos Design Team:

Have a HAPPY day, 

Follow Me on Pinterest

Stampin' Up! Supply List: 
Stamps: FYI (ret.) 
Paper: Summer Smooches DSP, Real Red, Island Indigo and Whisper White card stock
Ink: Real Red Classic ink
Punches: Word Window punch, 1/2" Circle punch, 3/4" Circle punch and 1" Circle punch
Accessories: Island Indigo 3/8" Ruffled Ribbon, Beautiful Wings Embosslits die, Basic Rhinestones and Stampin' Dimensionals

15 comments:

  1. Very clean, simple and sassy - so true. I love your line up of bright butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bold and sassy indeed. Great card with lots of awesome dimension! I guess five layers plus can be considered CAS for you. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anne Marie - this is simply sassy! I love the bold and rich colors popping off the white. The butterflies look fabulous with the bling as well. Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the perfect card for an "awesome" friend...bright, cheerful and friendly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anne Marie, this is gorgeous!!! LOVE those bright, layered butterflies and that red polka dot paper really pops!! Hope things slow down a little for you soon! I've been feeling a bit the same way lately and I'm ready for a break!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your friend is going to LOVE this happy happy card! Heck...I love it! Just a delight Anne Marie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great job you did with those colors. To me these are difficult colors to pair up and you created a happy, cheerful card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The bow is so beautiful! And I love the butterflies with the rhinestones! Bling bling!
    Anni

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous card Anne, I love all the elements that pop up.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is ABSOLUTELY gorgeous!!! LOVE the butterflies and that gorgeous ribbon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is wonderful AM, just love those paper and the butterflies are perfect! Your awesome friend will adore this! It is so bright and happy!!!
    Hugs,
    LC

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your layered butterflies, makes for a bright and cheerful card!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the patterned paper you used and those darling butterflies....

    ReplyDelete
  14. So pretty! The white circles really make the lovely butterflies stand out!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is gorgeous! Love your take on the challenges. The white really makes the colours pop!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!
Have a great day! :)
Anne Marie