Saturday, July 7, 2012

Happy Hour for Dynamic Duos #10

Hey there! Who is ready for another fun color challenge at Dynamic Duos? As it is the first week of the month, we are going with a "Bold and Sassy" color combo of Rich Razzleberry and Old Olive. Don't you love these colors together? I sure do! Old Olive has always been a favorite of mine. :) 
I decided to ink up a new stamp set called Happy Hour for this one. When I saw the sketch from Mojo Monday, I was immediately inspired to play along. Hooray for some crafting mojo...as that AND time have been in short supply recently. 
Once I got to stamping, I didn't really give much thought to that little accent on the left hand side of the sketch, until I got the card put together. None of the sentiments in that stamp set would fit on a 1'" circle, or so I thought. I simply colored in part of one of the sentiments with a marker and just stamped the word "cheers". Whew! Crisis averted! 

Also, for the record, I did not intend to stamp the three drinks in a straight line...for couple of reasons. Even with the Stamp-a-Ma-Jig, I still struggle to stamp in a straight line, so why fight it. Haha, I'm a "stamp-a-ma-mess" sometimes, I tell ya! I also wanted the middle drink to look like it was a bit more focal, as it was dressed up with that sparkly lime. This is such a fun set, it was one of the first on my list to order from the new SU catalog. 
Here's a little photo of the dressed-up inside of the card, just for fun: 
Thanks so much for stopping by. I hope you will join us this week at Dynamic Duos for the "Bold and Sassy" color challenge. Please stop by and visit the rest of the gals on the Design Team, to see what they created with this week's colors, too. These gals are chock full of awesome-ness! 
The Dynamic Duos Design Team:
Have a HAPPY day! :) 

Follow Me on Pinterest

Stampin' Up! Supply List: 
Stamps: Happy Hour
Paper: Polka Dot Parade DSP, Rich Razzleberry, Old Olive and Whisper White card stock
Ink: Rick Razzleberry and Old Olive Classic ink
Punches: Scallop Trim Border punch, 1" Circle punch, 1- 1/4" Circle punch and XL Oval punch (inside of card), Dazzling Details, Fancy Fan Embossing folder, Stampin' Dimensionals and Basic Rhinestones
Accessories: Rick Razzleberry Satin ribbon (ret.), 
Non-SU Accessories: oval and scallop oval dies

23 comments:

  1. Just love this – very creative.
    Wishing you a fabulous weekend.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    Digistamps4Joy DT Member
    Doing Life

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I could use one of these drinks right about now---7am and I am heating up the kitchen by baking cookies! ACK! This is a fun way to use those colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fabulous!!! Somehow, I think all those polka dots work perfectly with all those alcoholic beverages!!! And that glittered lime is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow -the colors are so rich and vibrant!!! What a great stamp set!!
    I want to play with MM sketch this week. Hope to find time this weekend!! Have a great day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty, Anne Marie! I just love all the little details!! Those little gemstones along the scalloped border are great and that big, beautiful bow is the perfect touch! Love what you did to the inside too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this one! A gorgeous AM layered creation for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Polka dots and a refreshing cold drink with a sparkly lime is the perfect combination for this sticky heat wave! Love all of your fun layers and details Anne Marie ~ delightful card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my... I think I'll be heading over to dynamic duos this week...what a great combo. And it was all I coil do not to order that set in my first catalog order... Your card is just another fabulous example of why I need it. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is awesome, I adore the colors, so glad you played along with Mojo Monday...gotcha link fix too...have a wonderful weekend!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love those colors together and I agree, Old Olive seems to be my go to color. This is so cute and loving the layers with the embossing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ann Marie I DO love these colors together... and I LOVE this set! My order is coming Wednesday and I can't wait to get it. I have so many cards for my gal pals in my 'head' and I can't wait to put ink to them.
    Your card is so very cute and I love love love polka dots too. Great layout and the inside is fab, and too much fun! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fun colors and a FUN card! So pretty and I can almost taste the contents of those little glasses! Very cute and pretty.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a party platter for the eyes! Even the inside design is scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cute card! Love that new stamp set.

    ReplyDelete
  15. fabulous, love how you used this sketch and these colors.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anne Marie, this card is fabulous and great use of the sketch!! Love the color combination and I'm making sure to get this stamp set now that I saw this!! I love your artwork.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Those drinks look perrffeckly linet up 2 me, but thaean, apter free drinques ... This is so permazing, and that's not drunk talk! I mean perfectly amazing! Pinned!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have never been a fan of Razzleberry, but you may make me a convert... This is a beautiful card! I really like this color combo. Great layout, too!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow Anne Marie, such beautiful patterns and the drinks are so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love how you embraced these colors, Anne Marie!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is such a wonderful card! I love that sparkly lime wedge! Gorgeous use of the colors too!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love these two colours together and your card shows a perfect example. Love the fun glasses and glittery lime. x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love this card and I totally swiped your layout for this one! I used the Rock-A-Billy papers for mine.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!
Have a great day! :)
Anne Marie