Saturday, August 18, 2012

Ornament Keepsakes for Dynamic Duos #16

Hi there stampers! It's time for a brand new color combo over at Dynamic Duos! This week is our "Black Tie" challenge where we combine one color with Basic Black and throw in one extra element as a "Dessert Option". You can add that extra element (for this challenge it's brads), or not...either way, it's a lot of fun. We are featuring a color this week, that I rarely use: River Rock. I decided to try these colors on a Christmas card. I am a HUGE fan of Christmas cards in non-traditional colors. 
I have a whole bunch of new products in my studio from the SU Holiday Catalog. There is SO much fun stampin' stuff in that catty, it's awesome. *swoon* The new Ornament Keepsakes stamp set is gorgeous and the best part is, there is a matching set of die cuts to perfectly cut out the stamped images. That ROCKS! 

I heat embossed the ornaments to give them a more elegant finish and what "black tie" event is complete without some pretty pearls? I added the heat embossed sentiment by creating a banner, with the "tails" clipped off with the 1- 1/4" Square Punch. I kind of like how it pops off the card, so this one would need a larger envelope to mail, or just make the exclusive "hand-delivered" list. *wink, wink* All of the supplies I used are listed at the end of the post. 
For the inside of the card, I used the sentiment from the Snow Swirled set. I will probably cry if that set ever retires. That has to be my most used Christmas stamp set, EVER. I had embossed and die-cut an extra ornament that didn't fit on the front, so instead of wasting it, I just added it to the inside. I think it's a nice way to keep the party going from the front of the card. :) 
Thank for stopping by! Please hop on over to Dynamic Duos and check out the challenge, won't you? You can play along through Friday, August 24, 2012 at Noon (PDT). The lovely ladies on the Design Team have created some beautiful projects for inspiration, too. Stop by and say hello to them. :) 

The Dynamic Duos Design Team:

Have a very HAPPY day! 

Follow Me on Pinterest

Stampin' Up! Supply List:
Stamps: Ornament Keepsakes and Snow Swirled
Paper: Ginger Blossoms DSP (ret.), River Rock, Basic Black and Very Vanilla card stock
Ink: Basic Black Craft Ink Pad
Punches: 1- 1/4" Square Punch (to make banner tails)
Accessories: Holiday Ornaments Framelits Dies, Lacy Brocade Embossing Folder, Gold Cord trim (ret.), Basic Black 5/8" Satin Ribbon (ret.), Clear Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, Black Brads, Basic Pearls and Stampin' Dimensionals

37 comments:

  1. Anne Marie this is so beautifully designed. Lovely colours and embellishments. Everything works together perfectly. Wishing you a relaxing weekend.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    Doing Life
    Digistamps4Joy DT Member
    Tammy’s Scrapin Corner DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - was für eine tolle Karte!
    Genial!

    Lg, katrin

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card certainly is black tie. How elegant! I love the ornaments dressed up in pearls and that beautiful bow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy cow Anne! This card is so regal and elegant! It looks like a fine printed stationary from some swanky shop! Just gorgeous work and a fabulous design here! Love the black and cream!

    ReplyDelete
  5. STUNNING Anne Marie! These ARE beautiful ornaments and I love the way you've glammed them up!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Girl!! My mouth done fell open! What an amazing card!!!!! If you made this on pain meds, please send some this way. I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely stunning! SO classy! I need your meds!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's gorgeous - inside and out! Really like those two colors together and the ornaments wit the pearls are awesome! So pretty.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  9. This card is just beautiful!!! Love those colors together too!! I will be featuring this card on My Crafty Picks #74 with a link back to your blog on 8-19-12. Make sure to stop by to check out all the picks!!

    If you wish to decline please email me by responding to this comment to let me know.

    Have a great day!!
    Tiffany Bauer
    http://www.mycraftyworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow - Puttin' on the Ritz as Fred would say! So classy and gorgeous in every way - and tied together perfectly with that wonderful bow!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This card is absolutely GORGEOUS!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This color combination is absolut F A N T A S T I C !!! It looks very elegant- gorgeuos work !

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous color combination, I love the embossing on your card. Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh My.....What an absolutely GORGEOUS GORGEOUS card!!!!! So elegant and crisp....Beautiful job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my goodness this card is utterly fabulous!!! That stamp set is my favourite from the new mini and your card is the best thing I've seen made with it - love, love, love it!! That colour combo works so well for a Christmas card and the embossing (both heat and textured) looks so elegant! This is definitely going in my 'case me' files!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is truly spectacular Anne Marie! I think it is one of my ALL TIME favorite cards EVER!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow - you really outdid yourself with this card ... I saw that set in the Holiday catty and thought 'nah. But now I see your card!!! Wonderfully creative and elegant and fabulous!
    Cheers, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  18. Anne Marie, I love what you have made with the new ornament set. This is stunning and oh so elegant! I bought the whole bundle and love it. Cant wait to play more with this set. You sure have given me some beautiful inspiration.Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful! The colors are striking, the ornaments so pretty, and the pearls make the finishing elegant touch.

    ReplyDelete
  20. OMG! What a beautiful , beautiful card! Absolutely gorgeous! Love the heat embossing and the little pearls!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Simply Stunning Anne Marie, looks divine in the DD colours this week.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ann Marie I don't know how I missed this, but it's absolutely gorgeous! Love the tone on tone ....Hugs.
    PS: I feel like I'm so far behind and can't catch up lately!

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is such a beautiful card Ann Marie! I just love it, all the elements are perfect! Such a WOW card.

    ReplyDelete
  24. ooooh Stunning card. I love non-traditional colours for Christmas cards too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Stunning Christmas card. I was in awe the moment I saw it! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is just plain gorgeous!

    Chris R. from Iowa

    ReplyDelete
  27. These ornaments on your card are exquisite, I am in LOVE with them. Such an elegant card.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Beautiful amazing card! So many neat details, and a great job with the color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Elegance is the word that comes to mind when I see this card!! The recipient should frame it once Christmas is over!!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Definitely an elegant affair! This is incredibly beautiful and so very elegant! You blew this challenge out of the water!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Wow this card looks really plush! I think I'm going to have to buy that ornament set too! lol

    ReplyDelete
  32. Beautiful! I love the non traditional colors.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Stunning card, I am glad to see you used River Rock & Black together. I'll have to use that combination for a card too.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hi Anne *Ü* I saw your card when Googling this stamp set and LOVED it!! I CASED you on my blog today - 2 cards :) http://inksomething2.blogspot.com/2012/12/fun-with-su-holiday-ornaments.html

    Thanks for your beautiful and elegant card as inspiration. Have a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!
Have a great day! :)
Anne Marie