Sunday, September 23, 2012

Christmas Lodge for Paper Players #114

Hello there! I hope this post actually shows up, as I am having MAJOR woes with Blogger right now. I keep getting a nasty "error" message and I am trying to sneak in this post while Blogger lets me. Eeek! So, it's Sunday and time for another fun challenge over at the Paper Players. This week, the super-fabulous Ann Schach is our hostess with an awesome sketch challenge.  
I decided to create a Christmas card with this sketch, partially because the stamp sets (Christmas Cottage and Joyous Celebrations) were sitting on my desk already. I saw them...and the sketch...and thought "yes, this could work".  Also sitting on my desk was the Festival of Prints Designer Series Paper Stack from the SU! Holiday catalog. I picked a pattern from the stack and let that be my guide for the color combo on this one: Cherry Cobbler, Bashful Blue and Very Vanilla. 

The cottage and sentiment were heat embossed using black craft ink and clear embossing powder. I added some snowy detail to the lodge with Dazzling Diamonds Glitter, I also sponged the edges with Bashful Blue ink. As a tribute to our challenge hostess, I decided to dress up my card with some pearls...because they are an "Ann-approved" supply! 
Finally, a quick shot of the inside of the card, using a sentiment from the Occasional Quotes (ret.) set: 
I hope you will join us this week at the Paper Players and give this awesome sketch a go. The challenge closes on Friday September, 28th at Noon (PDT). Have a look at what the rest of the gals on the Design Team have created for inspiration this week: 

The Paper Players Design Team
Anne Marie Hile (you are here)


But before I go...I "have" to post a shot of Abby, by demand. 
This kitten has her own fan club, I tell you! 
Although, from this shot, she is simply TOO exhausted to think about it! 

Follow Me on Pinterest

Stampin' Up! Supply List
COMING SOON! As soon as Blogger releases me from "time-out" I will add the supply list. This post took 3x as long as it normally does to post with the glitch and I am kind of sleepy. Stay tuned!! :) 

21 comments:

  1. I know I told you before, but this card is STUNNING! I have this in MDS but could never get my computer to work with it; now that I have a new computer, I need to try it again! Kitty is SO sweet...don't you wish they would stay little like this?? Have a great Sunday, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, that kitten is so freakin' adorable!!!

    Your card is GORGEOUS!!! Love the glittered house and embossing and pearls and you know....the whole thing! LOL! Beautiful holiday card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Anne Marie, your cards always take my breath away!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Christmas card is sooooo beautiful. I may have to get that stamp set now.
    And your kitty looks so cute and relaxed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, Abby is the sweetest! Look at those little paws and that sweet smile. What a happy little kitty! Oh, yes the card! Gorgeous, as always. I love the color combo and especially like that you stamped on bashful blue--so unexpected. I know you won't be surprised that I almost used that same exact paper! Love the pearls and love, love, love your finished inside! ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Anne Marie, this is stunning! Thanks for the wonderful sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's stunningly beautiful, Anne. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh - I just love this card. Everything about it. Swoon! The bad thing is....I don't have anything on this card in my stash - are you trying to enable me???

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that sweetie. I am going to get a #1 Fan shirt. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card! Love the bling and the touch of blue. Your foster kitty is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE this....absolutely gorgeous the way you have done this, the sparkle, the colors you used, just everything....the inside is stunning, too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am glad you got blogger working so you could share this card and also kitty cat photo with us. Great card, and I like that sketch so guess I will have to play with it a bit too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh WOW!!!! What a stunning stunning card!!!!! It is truly beautiful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card Anne Marie! The banners behind this pretty image remind me of a cozy warm sweater!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ann Marie love this! I love this set in any color too... but... I was wondering if you Ann Schach were sitting across from one another ... How about that! I guess great minds DO think alike! hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG that kitty is too adorable for words!! Your card is fabulous as well - love the glittery goodness with the pretty winter colour scheme! Perfect as always Anne Marie...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely card, great image, and you did a great job with the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow....look at all the winter gorgeousness!! Love it! Oh, and you might as well put that picture of Miss Abby on your sidebar. We all know it is inevitable! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Absolutely breath-taking, Anne Marie! Texture, sparkle and pearls...the trinity of a perfect card! Thank you for using an "Ann-approved" supply! lol

    ReplyDelete
  20. Totally gorgeous Anne Marie! The combination of cherry & bashful blue is fabulous, as are the blue stamped panels, the texture, the glitter, the pearls, & your choice of DSP! Your kitty is adorable too!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!
Have a great day! :)
Anne Marie