Saturday, September 8, 2012

Day of Gratitude Thanks for {DD#19}



Hey, hey..it's Saturday! Where did the week go? Yikes...I need a couple of days back. How about you?  Never-the-less, it IS Saturday and time for another fab color combo at Dynamic Duos. This week, we are going subtle with a couple of rich and regal colors: Cajun Craze and Always Artichoke. Admittedly, NOT my two most favorite colors ever, but you know what? They really look awesome together!! 
I used the sketch from Fab Friday Challenge as the inspiration for my card layout. My blogging buddy, Mindy, just started her challenge blog and I couldn't wait to play along. 
I'm excited that it is almost fall...well, that is the case for anywhere OTHER then South Texas. So as we experience our "cool front" this weekend in the low 90-degrees, I will live vicariously through those of you that really ARE experiencing the start of the fall season. *said with a hint of jealousy*

You know how you have a few stamp sets that you will always gravitate toward? The Day of Gratitude set is one of those sets for me. I love how those images look stamped in ANY color. For my card, I fussy-cut the leaves. I also sponged ink on the edges to cover-up my poor cutting skills. Lol! I listed all of the supplies for this card at then end of the post, if you are interested.
Before I sign off, I wanted to share one of the reasons why I have been missing from the blogging world recently. Along with recovering from foot surgery, my husband and I decided earlier this week to foster a kitten from a local shelter. I will share her story in an upcoming post...trust me, you will want to have some tissues handy. But until then, let me introduce: Miss Abby
The cuteness is at a ridiculous level with this little 7-week-old furball...who eats a LOT!

Please stop by and visit the Dynamic Duos challenge this week and try out this fabby color combo. The rest of the gals on the Design Team have created some awesome projects for inspiration, as well. Stop by and say hello. The challenge closes Thursday, September 13, 2012 at Noon (PST).  


Have a very HAPPY day! :)

Follow Me on Pinterest


Stampin' Up! Supply List
Stamps: Day of Gratitude and Full of Life (inside sentiment, retired)
Paper: Regals DSP Paper Pad, Cajun Craze, Always Artichoke and River Rock card stock
Ink: Cajun Craze and Always Artichoke Classic ink
Accessories: Finishing Touches Die, Bitty Banners Die, Square Lattice Embossing Folder, Stamping Sponges, Basic Pearls, Natural Buttons (Holiday Catalog), Hemp Twine and Stampin' Dimensionals

25 comments:

  1. OMG!!!!!!!!!!! Good for you fostering this little peanut!!!!!!!!!! She is so cute!!!!!! Give yourselves a pat on the back!!!!

    On to the card! LOVE!!!!! Those leaves are so terrific!!!!!!!!!!! And the addition of the pearls - me likey!!!! :)

    Have a great weekend!!! Can't wait to hear more about the kitty :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet card, sweet kitty. I am pretty sure you will be keeping that little kitty, from all I have seen & read!!
    The card is beautiful, I just pulled this set out last night myself! Great fall card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your Card. ;-) Fantastic use of the colors, and I love the beautiful patterns and textures you used. Love it. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The colors are beautiful for fall - your card is gorgeous! And that little Miss Abby is adorable! I bet she is a bundle of energy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job with these colors....I agree they wouldn't be my first choice but they look wonderful with Day of Gratitude. Love the different layers too! Thanks for playing along with us at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful. Lovely colours and embellishments. Hugs Desíre {Doing Life - my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is fabulous but I think that little Miss Abby has stolen the limelight in this post - she is adorable - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I love this!!! Fabulous colors and so fall-ish looking! Yes, we got that cool front in this morning.....I'm thinking we need a COLD front! Still too hot!
    Miss Abby is as cute as a button!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty fall layers and delightful little leaves Anne Marie ~ marvelous card!
    Hope your doing better with those tootsies of yours. And look at little Abby...goodness she's a cutie. Question is what do your other furry friends think of her !!??!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. AM - your card is gorgeous - as always... but sorry... Ms Abby stole my heart! What a wonderful thing you are doing to foster her. She really is gorgeous. I have two fosters that ended up being permanent. One of them had been tortured and it has took him nearly 3 years before he would go near a man. He's now a fat, happy, contented cat. It's amazing how trusting they can be. Bless you and your hubby for what you are doing.
    your card is gorgeous, btw!
    Hugs
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card! LOVEEEEE Miss Abby! Just adorable. Big hugs to you guys for saving her. (Laila was almost Abby by the way, so I am very partial to that name!)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love, love, love your fresh take on Day of Gratitude - such a wonderful fall set! Thanks for the inspiration (again!).

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello Anne-Marie
    Love the texture you have obtained on this delightful card. It is a gorgeous colour palette too.
    Smiles:)
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fab card Anne Marie, don't have this stamp set but I might have to purchase it now I have viewed your card. Love all the design elements you used. Miss Abby is delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh what a pretty pretty card!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anne Marie this is so pretty. LOVE those colors for the leaves and little dot accents along the bottom are the finishing touch. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  17. You are right: The two colors are perfect together, perfect for a fall card! You created a beautiful card!
    Anni

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, this is SO pretty! I love how you repeated the leaf image and that sweet banner. Good job with the Dynamic Duo's challenge.
    Cheers, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  19. You could make me fall in love with these two colors, which have never been favorites for me either. I love all of the pearls used throughout your design. Just beautiful! Thanks for playing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  20. You're so right, Anne Marie, the way you've used them these colors are fabulous together. I love the softness of the pearls and embossed texture in contrast to the rich shades. Beautiful!

    And as for the fur ball, she's adorable!! Hope your foot is healing well.

    ReplyDelete
  21. You've totally inspired me to dig out these colors--love them in this stamp set and with the sketch! The fabulous texture makes me think of a woolen blanket on a perfect fall picnic. Well, anywhere but south Texas and Florida, LOL! Miss Abby is puuuuurrrrfectly adorable--you're such a great foster mama! ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  22. Miss Abby is too sweet! Would love to see how the household is adjusting to their new visitor!
    Gorgeous card and love the pearls with these lovely fall colors!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful card!! Love the colors and texture!! The furball is cuteness!!!! Thank you for playing with us at Fab Friday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Really like how you used the colors for the challenge, and great job with the layout. Your Miss Abby is adorable...

    ReplyDelete
  25. So pretty! I love the colors, they are sooo fall! And you are making me so sad I'm allergic to cats with all the miss kitty pictures! :-) THanks for playing with us at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!
Have a great day! :)
Anne Marie