Sunday, September 30, 2012

Kick Up Yer Heels for {PP #115}

Howdy! I feel like it has been forever since I have posted. Please trust me when I say that my creative time has been really limited lately. This week at the Paper Players, I am the challenge hostess. Hooray! We are playing along with a fun Tic-Tac-Toe theme this week. Just pick a row, across, down or diagonally and add those elements to your card. Easy Peasy! :)

For my card, I went with:

  • Colors: Blue/Red,
  • An Element Repeated in 3's (bling)
  • Birthday-theme"

I also was inspired the sketch over at I {Heart} To Stamp for my card layout. 
I wanted to create a Texas-themed birthday card. I really wish I had some "bandana" print patterned paper. Actually, I'm 100% certain that I do, but I can't seem to find it in the mountain of craft supplies in my stamp studio. Time to do a little cleaning, I suppose. So, I found the plaid print from the Frostwood Lodge DSP (retired) and added more patterns from there. Since nothing is better then a trio of bling, I added two of them, on the boot and as an accent. The boot and the sentiment are heat embossed for some extra shine.
Here is a quick shot of the inside of the card, with the "Boot"-day sentiment, which I think is too cute:
Want to join us and play along with this week's Tic-Tac-Toe challenge over at the Paper Players? That would be awesome! The challenge is open through Friday October 5th at Noon (PDT). Please stop by and visit the rest of the gals on the Design Team to see what they have created.  

The Paper Players Design Team
Anne Marie Hile (you are here)


Follow Me on Pinterest

Stampin' Up! Supply List
Stamps: Bootiful Occasions
Paper: Frostwood Lodge DSP (retired), Regals DSP paper pad, Cherry Cobbler, Marina Mist, Basic Black and Whisper White card stock
Ink: Basic Black Craft Ink
Accessories: Argyle Embossing Folder, Clear Embossing Powder, Basic Black 1/2" Scalloped Dots Ribbon, Basic Rhinestones and Stampin' Dimensionals
Non-SU! Accessories: oval and scalloped oval die

17 comments:

  1. What a great card Anne Marie! Love the use of the plaid DSP and the bling on the boot looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I knew you'd rock this one! Love blue and red together and your western theme is perfect!!! Love the blinged up boot! So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such an awesome card, AM! I just love how Texas it is! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really cute card. Darling layout for this stamp. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is boot-astic AM! Love your choice of red and blue and accented with black gives it such a classy look! Love your use of the sketch and all the patterns and texture...a fabby AM card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super duper cute! I just love this sketch that you used and this boot makes me SMILE!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeehah! This is awesome Anne Marie - love the red & blue western theme & your fabulous blingy boot! So much fun. :) Thanks for a great challenge to play with.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the western style, Anne Marie. The color combi looks great and i LOVE the paper pieced boot.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How fun! I love the color combo and the studs in the boot! Makes me want to go to a rodeo!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ann Marie I LOVE this set and how cute is yours. Love the plaid/boot combo too. I also love your cutsie polka dot bow and the double trio (does that sound right?) looks FAB! Yyyyyeeeee HAAAAaaaa! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fun challenge idea, Anne Marie! It worked out perfect for me today. I love your design ~ so great using the boots with the plaid paper!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome card, Anne Marie! I LOVE the plaid! And what would cowboy boots be without a little bling!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fab red & blue creation Anne-Marie! Love the dsp you've used, and the embossed background looks wonderful! Thanks for the fun challenge this week..!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Boot-iful for sure! And I love how the blue sets it all off!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the colors on this fun card and the embossing goes so well with the dots and plaid!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!
Have a great day! :)
Anne Marie