Saturday, September 15, 2012

Not So Frightening Feline {DD#20}

Hello there! Another week has come and gone and it's time for a new Dynamic Duos challenge. This week we are dressing things up with a "Black Tie"color combo of Basic Black and Lucky Limeade. The twist of this challenge is that you can also add some "dessert" to your creation by making a Halloween themed project. Spooktacular! 
I used the awesome sketch over at Mojo Monday for my card layout. As soon as I saw it, I knew I wanted to give it a go! Hooray for banners!
I have to admit, my mojo has been struggling lately. This one was kind of tough to get going and I'm not 100% sure I love the result. But I tried and that's what counts, right? I used the Frightening Feline stamp for the first time for this one. The image was heat embossed with Iridescent Ice Embossing Powder for some added pop. The main photo of the card is terrible, sorry...I will re-shoot it tomorrow.

I have determined that, for me, the best way to get out of the "mojo rut" is to drag out the bling...so that is what I did. (Who am I kidding...I didn't "drag" out the bling. It is ALWAYS on my desk!) Might be a little excessive but honestly, can you ever have TOO much sparkle? It looks pretty cool in person, I promise!
Please stop by and join us this week at Dynamic Duos! The rest of the Design Team have whipped up some awesome inspiration, too.


Speaking of "not so frightening felines"...I couldn't leave without sharing a photo of Abby. Look at her! Don't you just want to hug her fluffy face?? GAH! When she plays, she needs to get EVERY toy out of her little basket. it's too cute! I shared this photo on Instagram the other day...anyone else hooked on Instagram? Love it!! :) 

Follow Me on Pinterest

Stampin' Up! Supply List: 
Stamps: Frightening Feline, Mixed Medley (spiderweb) and Teeny Tiny Wishes 
Paper: Lucky Limeade, Basic Gray and Basic Black card stock
Ink: Basic Black Craft ink
Punches: Word Window punch, 1- 1/4" Square punch (for banner tails), 1" Circle punch and 1/2" Circle punch
Accessories: Iridescent Ice Embossing Powder, Chevron Embossing Folder, Heat Tool, Basic Rhinestones and Stampn' Dimensionals
Non-SU! Accessories: circle and scallop circle die

17 comments:

  1. Anne Marie this is so beautifully designed. Loving your creative style. Wishing you a fab weekend.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think your mojo's gone anywhere! I love this card! That chevron background is so cool and that cat stamp! Wow - I haven't seen it before! Awesome!!!!

    Hopefully I can play along with the challenge this week!

    Abby is just SO ADORABLE!!!!!!!!
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool card my friend! I just LOVE that stamp and can't quit using it. I haven't tried embossing it in sparkles, so I'll have to try it! Love that baby girl too; I am still waiting on my video. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card! Will have to play with those colors. That kitty is too cute and I think she has become a member of your family despite the fact that you say you are only fostering her. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all the bling on here - and those great colors too! Very cute card.

    Abby is precious.

    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun halloween card - never too much bling. And the little kitty is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very fun Anne Marie, LOVE all of the bling. Mine isn't always on my desk but it's CLOSE by LOL! How cute is Abby!!??!! Still "fostering" or have you moved closer to adopting!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your fline looks so glamorous embossed in iridescent ice! Love the added bling and embossed chevron background!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well Anne Marie - you asked. Instagram? Love. Your ADORABLE kitty? Love. Your fun Halloween card? Love. How's that for a perfect three. :-) Oh dear, gotta make it four - banners? Love! FUN card - I really like the bling you added as well. So sparkly and wonderful!
    Cheers, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super cute! Love the theme and colors, great take on the sketch very clean and elegant! I love Instagram - and your adorable kitty - too!

    Bernadet
    http://bernadetscraftblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Doesn't look like you have been struggling with your mojo at all, love the chevron embossed background. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic card, Anne Marie. ;-) I love the chevrons in the background, and that cat image is so cool! Those little 'bling' eyes are such a perfect touch. Love it! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ack!! Anne Marie that cat is absolutely fantastic! I think that should be my first SU purchase!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the embossed chevron background Anne Marie and all the lovely bling.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aww...Abby looks so sweet and happy! Your card kitty is quite spectacular too! Love the sparkle and those blinged up eyes!! You did a fantastic job with the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just LOVE the kitty on your great card.....almost as much as the real kitty you have :) I love the grey color with the DD colors, and the embossing looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your Frightening Feline, Anne, but I'm totally smitten by the kitten! What an adorable little ball of far! She's so tiny!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!
Have a great day! :)
Anne Marie