Sunday, September 16, 2012

Wicked Googly Halloween for {PP#113}

Hi there! It's Sunday and time for another challenge at the Paper Players. This week, Nance is our fabulous hostess. It's CAS (clean and simple) week and the twist on the challenge is to feature some banners on your project.
So, I am not the queen of CAS, by admission. I try...but I have a slight addiction to layers and therefore, will never ROCK the CAS-style. I had an idea in my head for this card and it didn't really come together like I wanted it to. Sorry, friends...I am failing in the crafty world lately. Someone call the "Mojo Fairy" because I need her help!!! Bibbity bobbity...just get it together AM! :)
I broke out the new Howlstooth and Scaringbone  DSP for my card. I really wanted to focus on the patterns and add some extra charm from the Googly Ghouls stamp set. My goal was to have the spider peeking out from the middle banner....I added a pop of sparkle behind the spider to make this creepy-crawler stand out. The spider and the sentiment were heat embossed for some extra shine. All of the supplies I used are listed at the end of the post. 

I hope you will join us and play along at the Paper Players this week! Please stop by and see what the rest of the Design Team have created for inspiration with this "banner-tastic" challenge. 

The Paper Players Design Team
Anne Marie Hile (you are here)


Ok, to further confirm my "crazy cat-lady" status, That is a joke...you do NOT really have to confirm that. I'm not QUITE there, YET. But I have to add an Abby photo to today's post. Here is a shot of her playing with my husband's iPhone. Yes, he downloaded some apps for the kitten. Yes, they do have apps for kitties! Crazy, right??

Follow Me on Pinterest

Stampin' Up! Supply List
Stamps: Googly Ghouls and Wicked Cool
Paper: Howlstooth and Scaringbone DSP, Silver Glimmer Paper, Basic Black, Very Vanilla and Tangerine Tango card stock
Ink: Basic Black Craft ink and Basic Black Classic ink
Punches: 1" Circle punch, 1- 1/4" Circle punch, Large Oval Punch, Modern Label punch and 1- 1/4" square punch (to make the banners)
Accessories: Silver Elastic Cord (ret.) Clear Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, Googly Eyes, Basic Rhinestones and Stampin' Dimensionals

19 comments:

  1. You always do such beutiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! Dave is seriously my favorite dude. iPhone apps for that sweet girl is awesome!

    And seriously dude, no loss of mojo. This is super duper crazy good as always. You are so right about you and CAS, but who cares? Your layers rock!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anne Marie, Your banner card is adorable, love the striped banners to coordinate with the stripe background and the bling behind the spider very C&S cute!
    Where have I been, I totally missed your new addition, Abby. How adorable is she, can't believe she has her own apps on the phone, too much.
    Love the new (at least to me) look on your blog. I especially love your "signature" line!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Get out! You totally rocked this challenge! I don't think it says anywhere that a CAS card can't have layers ;) I love layers too! LOL!
    Love the googlie eyes....haha! So fun!
    That kitten of yours is adorable and I'm enjoying seeing pictures and hearing updates from you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Get out of town, AM! Nothing wrong with your mojo here, girl. Love the mix of stripes from the dsp. I adore all your silver accents from the silver thread on the banners to the glimmer paper and rhinestones--it all rocks! Love the spider coming down from the banner too. And Abby, be still my heart she is one freakin' adorable kitty. You're not a crazy cat lady--you're a crazy good cat MAMA! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovin all the stripes and those googley eyes! Apps for kitties...do they have them for frisky little schnauzers!!??!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhh....no no...nothin' wrong with your MOJO! It's a super CUTE Halloween card...love it! And, an app for the cat?! Awww...I say...adorable! It means you love your cat! I miss having cats here. My son and husband are allergic. But, we had two sweet cats. My first cat used to listen to my piano playing. She would meow when I stopped playing. And, at night she would scare us by walking over the keys!:-) The second cat was a hunter. He loved bringing up all kinds of animals to the back door! Anyways, love your card and cat story....take care, hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic card Anne Marie, I love your banner and the googly eyed spider!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah, how cute! I really like the clean cut feel, and the goggly eyes are very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lost your mojo....are you nuts!!??!! You are stinkin' oozing with more mojo than I've seen in 1 page of a blog than in pages and pages of many blogs put together. This card is an example of that---it's soooo cute!! I'm now going to follow you on Pinterest girl and sign up for your blogs!!
    Wow...you just blew me to the moon!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely fabulous, Anne Marie! I seriously wish I had your talent! AND don't you be invoking the help of any faeries! lol

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOL - the app for kittens! It's OK to be the crazy cat lady - I"m the crazy dog lady for sure!

    I think YOUR 'CAS' design is perfect! I don't know what I would think if I came to your blog and there were no layers!

    I love the sparkly circle behind the spider!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great card! I love your banner, that size is great. I am the same was with CAS, I can manage it occasionally, but usually keep adding "one more thing" until it is no longer CAS! And an app for a cat. how funny is that!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anne Marie this is too cute. I think you did the CAS just fine. Love your little spider with googly eyes and the touch of bling behind him and on the sentiment looks Bootiful!
    and Sometimes I think we are too critical of our own work, have to step back, then come back and it looks great!
    Too funny for the cat app.... I guess the Iphone is scratch resistant? too cute.
    hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ok, a couple of things...
    1) You most certainly have not lost your mojo!!
    2) This card is fab - great use of the banner and I love the sparkle around the spider (even though I'm not crazy about spiders...!)
    3) That kitty is too adorable for words! (and you might not be a crazy cat lady but I think I might be lol!)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I would agree with Amy on all three points! I love this card and keep the kitten photos coming! After losing Pumpkin (and she was almost 19) it is so fun to see some sweet little kitten antics! Although I am still at a loss at "apps for kittens"....that's just too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is great! I love the spider sneaking out from behind the banner and the DSP looks wonderful with this layout!
    Just when I thought I had seen it all...kitty apps?! Too funny! Although, our first cat used to swat at the birds on the television...

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is such a cool creation Anne Marie! Love your googly eyed arachnid, the cool bling accents & the tailored look of your layering. Definitely NO mojo fairy required here!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hmmm, I'm not really agreeing with you about missing the Mojo Fairy. I'd say she is right on your shoulder! Your card is adorable and well done!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!
Have a great day! :)
Anne Marie