Monday, November 12, 2012

Day of Gratitude for {PP #121}

Hello there stamping friends! Well, better late then never with this post. So sorry! This week at the Paper Players, I am the hostess and I have a fab fall color combo to try out. I love the richness of these colors together and I hope you do too. Please join us!
I also used the layout from Retro Sketches for inspiration on my card. 
This is such a fun sketch...I'm loving those scalloped edges. 

With a few (*wink, wink*) layers, some embossing and the Scallop Border Punch, I got to work. As soon as I decided on these colors, I knew I was going to use the Day of Gratitude stamp set. There is something about the fall season and that stamp set that just fit. Like peanut butter and jelly..like pink and glitter...well, you get the idea. My fussy-cut leaves probably should have been sponged around the edges but I was already late with my card, so I decided to press on. Finaly, I added a couple of pearls because...well, why NOT?!
I hope you will join us this week at the Paper Players! Please stop by and see what the rest of the awesome gals on the Design Team have whipped up with this color trio. 

The Paper Players Design Team
Because I have had a few emails about the shelter dogs, I wanted to post a few photos of some of the awesome pups that have been SAVED over the past week. Although it is tough to visit and photograph some of these babies that do not make it...the success stories make my heart smile! I am so blessed to have had this opportunity, thanks to my amazing friend, Kelly. She is one of the most wonderful people you will ever meet and her passion for these animals is amazing. 

This gorgeous Boxer girl was rescued and I am so happy. She recently had a litter of pups and desperately needed a break. 
 Here is Bruno! Look at those eyes! Such a loving boy! 
Finally, this is Reggie! I didn't post the photos that show how starved he is. They are pretty graphic. Let's just say this guy stands above my waist and is probably half of the weight he should be.  He is such an amazing boy, so full of love despite everything he has gone through. This dude had my heart and I wasn't going to be content until he was saved. Thankfully the S.A. Humane Society stepped up for him. I just love this pup! 


Follow Me on Pinterest

14 comments:

  1. This is so gorgeous Anne Marie. Your cards have such great style, I love all of the elements that you chose. I pinned this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anne Marie your card is just gorgeous and a great take on the sketch. Love the doggies.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life - my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delightful card Anne Marie, love all the design elements you used including the layers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yahhh! Great work photographing and working hard to save the pups!! Such a great feeling, isn't it? Early birthday greetings too! If I have it right.....it's tomorrow? Ciao fom Venice Italy!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anne Marie love the colors for this challenge and your card is fab! And I agree, a touch of pearl never hurt anyone right? Love the doggie stories too. hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely choice of stamp set with these fab fall colours Anne Marie! Love the button/twine treatment! Thanks for the fun challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great Fall card.

    It must be so difficult not to take each and every dog and cat home with you. I am so grateful for the work you do to help these beautiful animals. I hope Reggie finds a warm and loving family.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is really quite lovely. It's gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card, love the embossing! It is great that you are able to help the animals find new homes!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful fall colors and a gorgeous card! Love the design on here too.
    So wonderful that these pups were saved! They're beautiful animals.
    LYnn

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think SU should put your picture next to this stamp set in the next catalog because you always ROCK it! Love all your layers and how the trio of leaves mimics the trio of scallops. Fabulous color challenge this week, my friend! Your creativity is only matched by your big and generous heart for all those sweet animals!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank goodness for people like you that help rescue these pups.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great card - I hope you'll link up at 52 Card Pickup this week!

    http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/11/52-card-pickup-week-46.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. And what wonderful layers they are too!! The scallops are so pretty and I love the leaves in this color combo!
    Your pooch pics tugged at my heart strings. I can't imagine that anyone has such a lack of heart as to allow another living creature to suffer like that... Hugs to you and all of the furry friends!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!
Have a great day! :)
Anne Marie