Sunday, April 13, 2014

Fabulous Florets for Paper Players #191

Hello there stamping friends! This week at the Paper Players, we have a color challenge brought to you by Ann.  I will admit, when I saw this color combo, I was kind of stumped. So, I pulled out one sheet of card stock in each of the colors and picked the Fabulous Florets stamp set off the shelf. Why that stamp set? I've never used it, so I figured it was time.
I had the colors and the stamps...now I just needed some inspiration for the layout. As soon as I saw Cindy's sketch over at Freshly Made Sketches, I was ready to get to stamping.
Getting the layers together on this one took some time, I'm not going to lie. I think I tried every combination of colors in the layers until I decided that this was the keeper. Gah! Once I fussy-cut that flower, I knew I was committed to using this stamp set. I had to make it work! I really needed to get some Coastal Cabana on the main image somehow and decided to try sponging some ink on the background. I liked how it came out...I hope you do, too. Often, I think when you spend a lot of time on a card, you can sometimes convince yourself that something looks good...but it might not. So, I hope this was a good call. I sponged Calypso Coral ink around the flower and on the layer of DSP as well. 
Of course, a card for Ann's challenge had to contain pearls...so I added 12 of the little buggers. I also added a little Glimmer Brad for a tiny pop of sparkle. 

Here is a photo of the inside of the card, combining the flower from Fabulous Florets and stamps from the Happy Watercolor stamp set. 
Please join us over at the Paper Players!  The challenge is open through Friday, April 18th, 2014 at Noon (PDT). Stop by and say hello to the rest of the Design Team to see what they are sharing this week. 
  
The Paper Players Design Team

Before I sign off, I wanted to share some great advice from my little pup, Gidget.
Have a fantastic day today! :)

**CLICK HERE** to order anytime 24/7 from my Stampin' Up! website

Follow Me on Pinterest

7 comments:

  1. So pretty! Love that cut out scallopy corner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I almost reached for that stamp set, too! Love that bold flower as well as that cool corner treatment! And look at that silly Gidget!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic job on the flower card. the touch of blue added gave the flower more bounce. Your animals are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty, Anne Marie! I love the details you added to one corner and the sponging behind the stem is perfect. What a great photo of Gidget, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely beautiful (as always!). Love this stamp set - you've used it to perfection! Thanks for joining us at FMS this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, Gidget cracks me up! What a funny girl--she sure looks happy in her new forever home. :-) You card is lovely, as always! My favorite part is how you sponged the CC onto the background of the flower. It adds so much and works perfectly. This stamp set was an awesome choice for these colors and I love the punched corner detail too!! Fabby card, my friend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!
Have a great day! :)
Anne Marie