Sunday, October 15, 2017

Not So Spooky Pumpkins for FMS308 and PP366


Well hello there! It’s been quite some time since I have posted but I thought I would dust the cobwebs off this blog today and say hello! 

Where did I start when making this card? I hopped on over to Freshly Made Sketches for inspiration for my card layout. As soon as I saw the sketch, I knew I had to give it a go. 
I had NO idea what kind of card I wanted to make, so I checked in on the new challenge over at 
The Paper Players and the decision was made to make a Halloween-themed card. I’m not sure this is Clean-and-Simple, one day I hope to get better with that. I love the layers! 
Y’all should check out both of these blogs for amazing creative inspiration.
I didn’t really do much stamping on this card, but after the long hiatus I’ve been on, I’ll take what I can get. Ha! I used the Stampin’ Up Patterned Pumpkins Thinlits Dies which coordinate perfectly with the pumpkin paper in the Spooky Night Designer Series Paper. Super easy! 
 Although these aren’t exactly “spooky” pumpkins, they sure are cute. The expression on the smallest pumpkin’s face cracks me up! He looks really worried about something. It might be those gold glitter flourishes I added for a pop of sparkle but ended up looking like crazy arms on the big pumpkin. Oops! In retrospect, that really is kind of spooky. 
Thanks so much for visiting my blog today! There are going to be a lot of changes here soon…all good things, I promise. Enjoy your day! 

Happy Stamping! 

Shop online for Stampin’ Up products by clicking HERE


15 comments:

  1. Hey there stranger! Your card is adorable. I like your too cute to spook take on the sketch. The pumpkins have fun expressions and you can never go wrong with polka dots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you dusted the cobwebs off to make this sweetly spooky card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO good to see your post! I love how you've combined all the products, very clean and cute! I have the Pumpkin Dies but didn't get the DSP, I'm regretting that decision after seeing your card! Too cute! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woohoo! A new post from Anne Marie! I love these cute pumpkins, especially the littlest one. So glad to see you in the gallery at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back! I've wondered about you and hoped you were and are well. Cute take on the Halloween card. I love the DSP!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thrilled to see you blogging again!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well hello stranger! I did a little double-take when I saw your name in the gallery! So glad you dusted off the cobwebs to include us in your card-making inspiration. The jack-o-lanterns are so fun. You've got a fantastic Halloween card here!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so excited to see you in the gallery!! This is such fun with those awesome little pumpkins....and maybe the little guy is just scared of glitter, lol!! I know it scares me!! So happy that you joined us this week at FMS.

    ReplyDelete
  9. AM.... it is SO wonderful to see your card in the gallery. It totally made me smile. Your pumpkins are totally adorable...but spooky and I love the way you tied them to your polka dot base. Fabulous card, my friend. But what makes me smile.. is seeing your cards again. We SO missed you!and hope you are a regular "player" again
    hugs
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anne Marie, I am SOOOO excited to see your card! You know I love your work! Those little pumpkins make me smile! I love that glitter, too! You know everything is better with glitter! Thank you for joining us at The Paper Players this week! XX

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your pumpkins sure are cute!Thanks for sharing at The Paper Players..so happy you joined us!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Anne Marie!!! So good to see you posting! I love your card, the pumpkins are adorable and what a fab take on the sketch. I think we all struggle with the CAS part, lol! Hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. So nice to see your blog again, you've been missed. Your pumpkin card is spooky adorable. Love the faces on them and the way you used gold paper for the tendrils a nice sparkly touch.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ahhhhhhh! You're back! I've kept you bookmarked and check every now and then to see if you're back. So excited! Adorable card!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anne Marie!
    Hi there! So HAPPY you're back... I've missed you and all your inspiration. Although I totally understand any hiatus...I don't comment much anymore as it almost became a second job. However, I DO peek daily when I can.
    I love your little pumpkin card... so cute. I think the sparkle is fun and not too spooky anyway. Most of all... Glad you're back. Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!
Have a great day! :)
Anne Marie