Friday, March 25, 2011

A-Z Recipe Swap

Howdy! Who is a bad blogger this week? *Ooooh, ooooh, raising hand, jumping up and down!*  So sorry for the lack of posts, but I have had one of those uber-busy weeks. You know, the ones where you just need a few more hours in the day. Ugh! One of the stamping-related projects I did complete this week, was for a recipe swap. 


For this swap, we had to make 6 x 6 recipe pages and we each picked a letter of the alphabet to share a recipe from. My choice was easy. I picked "P" for POTATOES, my favorite food! Remember that movie "Forest Gump"...with that guy and the shrimp? Yeah, that's ME with potatoes!!...mashed potatoes, scalloped potatoes, hash browns, potato pancakes, french fries, baked potatoes...."  


My recipe was passed on to me, by a friend, a couple of years back. It was quickly a favorite. This is NOT one of those recipes we eat often in our home. It is strictly reserved for holidays and other occasions where calories "don't count"! But that's only once a year or so!  I have tried to make a low-fat version and seriously, after tasting the "real deal"...it was just ok.


Here are all my swaps, before the BIG send-off: 
Since there were SO many cards, I used 5 different colored flowers for accents, because I didn't have enough of one single color.
 Which color is your favorite?
Thanks for stopping by today! I'm sorry I have been so absent lately. Be sure to come back tomorrow for "Keep it Simple Saturday". I hope you have a great rest of your day. Be HAPPY! :) 

15 comments:

  1. Totally understand about being busy, crazy isn't it? Your card swap is recipe is great, love the recipe and the colors! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks good - both the recipe itself and the page design!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy recipe! I am going to try it for sure! And what a cute swap idea! You have definitely been a busy, busy girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I guess I won't ask what you've been up to this week. BUSY!!!! You did an awesome job on your recipe card trades; and I'm definitely going to try out that dish. TFS. I'll catch up with you later.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow- The recipe sounds delicious and the cards look beautiful- TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have a lot in common. I love potatoes and this is a recipe that my family also eats at holidays. Your cards turned out beautifully!
    TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You always do such a fabulous job with recipes and swaps!! Not only does this one look so pretty with the flowers and beautiful color scheme... the recipe itself sounds delish!!! And yes! I do remember that line from Forrest Gump... since I "only" watched it 10 plus times! :)))

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow!! These are awesome!!!! I hear you - I have times when I just can't 'get' to bloggin! No worries :)

    I love these recipe cards! I"m sure those potatoes are YUMMY!!!

    I like the ones w/ the brown flowers best but ALL are just gorgeous :)
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  9. Recipe swap ... what a great idea! And I love your presentation for your recipe. I use that same recipe a lot but have never seen it with corn flakes. I will try that next time I make it and think of you when I do, AM!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Goodness you have been busy with all those swaps! Love the DSP.X

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun swap! Recipe sounds delicious, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! Your recipe cards are just beautiful. I would love your casserole. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  13. These cards are beautiful. The recipe sounds delicious. Love The one's with White Flowers. TFS :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your recipe card for the swap is wonderful! I love them all but the yellow is my fav.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really like these Anne Marie! The brown flowers are my fave ones...you did great on this swap & I can raise my hand about being a BAD BLOGGER last week myself!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!
Have a great day! :)
Anne Marie