Sunday, June 12, 2011

Paper Players Challenge #51-A Color Challenge

Howdy! Happy Sunday to you, although my post is much later then usual today. My husband and I hosted a "Texas-sized" party last night and our weekend has just been crazy, to say the least. I learned a few things this weekend, though: never go to Costco on a Saturday afternoon expecting to get "in and out" quickly, my house is completely NOT child-proof and we truly have some fantastic friends. :) 

Back to the post at hand...It's time for a new weekly challenge over at The Paper Players! Ann is our hostess this week and she has picked a super-fantastic color combo to try! How can you go wrong with Melon Mambo, Wild Wasabi and Daffodil Delight? These are some HAPPY colors, for sure. We would love to see your creations...if you don't have these exact colors, use something similar. Just have some fun! 
I used three new items from the upcoming 2011-2012 SU! Catalog for this one: the Pennant Parade stamp set, the coordinating Petite Pennants Builder punch and Just Add Cake DSP. This was at the request of one of our guests last night, who was infatuated with my craft room. She is 5 years old and thought that the punch was the coolest thing EVER. She suggested I make a card with it soon, so here it is! :) 
I went with three main elements on this card: polka dots, dimension and punches. I also threw in some bling, for fun. Why not? All the supplies used are listed at the end of this post. 

Here is the decorated inside of the card: 
Thanks for stopping by today! Please hop on over to The Paper Players blog to take a peek at the awesome inspiration from the rest of the Design Team. We hope you will join us this week and try out this fun color combo, too. :) 

Have a great day! 
*CLICK HERE to shop for Stampin' Up! 24/7*


Stampin' Up! Supply List: 
Stamps: Pennant Parade (New in 2011-2012 catalog)
Ink: Daffodil Delight, Melon Mambo and Wild Wasabi Classic ink
Paper: Just Add Cake DSP (New in 2011-2012 catalog), Daffodil Delight, Melon Mambo, Wild Wasabi and Whisper White card stock
Accessories: Petite Pennants Builder punch (New in 2011-2012 catalog), 3/4" Circle punch, 1" Circle punch (inside), 1 1/4" Circle punch (inside), Large Star punch, Scallop Border punch, Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border punch, Daffodil Delight 1/4" Grosgrain ribbon, Baker's Twine, Melon Mambo jumbo button (ret), Perfect Polks Dots Embossing folder, Stampin' Dimensionals, Glue Dots and Basic Rhinestones
 (inside)Non SU! Accessories: scalloped rectangle die cut

28 comments:

  1. beautiful Card.. Love the Colors you used..

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Anne Marie I love this!!! I love that set and love how you designed the card!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO worth the wait my friend! This is awesome, I need that pennant punch...I lub it, just like that 5 year old! LOL!
    Hugs,
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun card and great colors !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute card, love the colors and the pennant punch, such a great way to say celebrate. I avoid Costco on the weekends, sounds like a fun party :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I squealed with delight when I saw this---so perfect, the pennants and the colors are a match made in heaven! Glad you had fun, but I am happy you finally got to make your card--it was worth waiting for!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anne Marie,

    I just LOVE your pennant card! It is awesome ... did I say I love it?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anne, this is a BEAUTIFUL card.. I was drooling over it on SC.. Love it!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is absolutely FABULOUS!!! can't wait to get my new toys today ~ I love punches and die cuts ~ love what you've done with ALL of this ~ TFS and have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute card! Love the colors and how you incorporated them together!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ann Marie this card is so cool looking and crisp and clean! The colors just POP! Love the white BG against the bright colors, and the button bow is adorable.
    Can't wait to get some "stuff" with these colors. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks so bright and fun! Love the button/bow!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey... this was soooooo worth the wait. You inspired me with the Penants, I have been scratching my head with them... but you incorporated them in a masterful way! And.. you enabler... you - I know want that DSP!
    sounds like you had a wonderful weekend - time spent with great friends is always wonderful!
    hugs
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my goodness {squeal}!!! This is the cutest card EVER! Love you you've used the pennants--I'm with Jaydee scratching my head over them but they look adorable as the focal point. Fabulous dimension and I love that big taffeta bow! Just fantastic Anne Marie! So glad you got time in your craft room after all. I'm sure the party was tons 'o' fun! ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a very happy card!!!! I keep seeing these banners popping up everywhere and I'm very tempted!!!!

    Love the repeated dots too :)

    Glad your party was a success!!!
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fab card - lovely cards and great dimension!

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOVE IT with all those fantastic colors....so pretty.
    And no, DO NOT GO TO COSTCO ON A SATURDAY!!! It's bad enough in the middle of the week! LOL!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a fantastic card, Anne Marie!! I so hope that we get that pennant punch in our next cattie! I love all the texture and dimension you have added to your card.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have to admit I was with Jaydee and Nance when I saw this set in the catalog...But WOW! I love the way you made it all girlie (go figure)! The colors work so well with this set.TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is an awesome card Anne Marie! I haven't inked up my set yet but then again; I'm still brainstorming LOL!

    Love your layout, colors & the inside of course...very nice work Hun & TFS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love everything about this card. My pre-order just came and I can't wait to play with my pennants stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Dear Anne, What can I say.. WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. :)I love all the layers you added to your card. So so sweet! Now I need some time to play along..

    Inky hugs, Pauline

    ReplyDelete
  23. OH! This card makes me SMILE! The pennant and DP are perfect matches for these happy colors! I LOVE the polka dots and your sweet bow. SUPERcute!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love those pennants - and those colors are PERFECT!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh.... me likey this pretty and festive card!! The DPs you used on the banner is yummy. And those bling on the stars and the side.... fabulous touch! Glad to hear you had a great weekend.... We were at Costco on Saturday as well.... could never be in and out with Costco... DH has to hit all the sample stands... drives me bonkers! :)))

    ReplyDelete
  26. Gorgeous! Please stop by my blog and pick up a special award!

    http://www.paperpunchaddiction.com/2011/06/sweet-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  27. So cute, I love the little banner your created. You have such a way of working with brighter colors that I just love!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I can't get enough of the pennant craze! Love seeing all the cards created with them. Yours is a beauty done up in your great style, colors and design. Sounds like there are lots of exciting new things in the catalog.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!
Have a great day! :)
Anne Marie