Saturday, May 19, 2012

Black Tie Color Combo for Dynamic Duos #3

Hello and welcome to week #3 over at the Dynamic Duos challenge blog! This week is our "Black TIe Color Challenge"! That means we will be featuring one color, dressed-up and mixed with Basic Black. Everything is better with dessert, right? So, this week we have a special dessert option to add to the colors combo, if you choose: Dry Embossing.
For my "Black Tie" color combo, I decided to focus on a houndstooth-theme. I used the Posy Punch (hostess) stamp set and complimented the houndstooth pattern in the flower with the Houndstooth Embossing Folder. The flower, flower center and sentiment (from the Curly Cute set) are heat embossed for some added shine. I go inspiration for my card after seeing the fun sketch over at the Clean and Simple Stamping blog.
Here is a shot of the flower detail. I punched the embossed flower from the coordinating Fancy Flower punch, the flower center from a 3/4" punch, matted with a 1" Circle punch from black card stock. I dressed up the flower center with a piece of yellow bling from my stampin' stash. 
I sure hope you will join us over at Dynamic Duos this week for our Black Tie Color Challenge. You can link up until Thursday, May 24th at 12:00 noon (PST). Please stop by and see what the rest of the lovely ladies on the Design Team have whipped up for this week's challenge: 
The Dynamic Duos Design Team:

Thanks for visiting! :)
Enjoy your day, 

Follow Me on Pinterest

Stampin' Up! Supply List: 
Stamps: Posy Punch (hostess) and Curly Cute
Paper: Night and Day DSP (ret.), Daffodil Delight, Basic Black and Whisper White card stock
Ink: VersaMark ink and Basic Black Classic ink
Punches: Fancy Flower punch, 3/4" Circle punch, 1" Circle punch, Scallop Border punch, 1- 3/8" Square punch (to create banner sentiment)
Accessories: Houndstooth Embossing Folder, Clear Embossing powder, Stampin' Dimensionals
non-SU! accessories: yellow bling and black shiny accents

22 comments:

  1. Beautiful creation as always.
    Hope you got my email about your win over at my blog.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    DS4J DT Member
    Doing Life

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the coordinated theme on your card! You found a great sketch to use too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The patterns are fantastic! This is THE most cheerful card...I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anne Marie I'm in love with your houndstooth flower!. Fabulous card ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty, I like how you did your flower!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Anne Marie! I just love seeing your cards!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love everything about this card! Nice finishing touch using the houndstooth embossing folder....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Anne Marie, another beautiful creation ! I like the layout and your handmade flower. It´s really gorgeous !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning!!!!!!!!! I love the yellow and black!!!!!!

    And that embossed background!! I have a similar folder! Once I'm back into crafting, I'll have to play along with this sketch!!!

    Nice work :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the houndstooth theme you have going there. Your card is so striking.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I always think of houndstooth as a more masculine pattern, but you have shown that this is not always the case! Gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card - I like how you combined the challenges too.
    Cheers, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this card, love the embossing :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is beautiful!! I love the hounds tooth flower and embossing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stunning creation my friend! Love that pretty flower and the embossing!~

    ReplyDelete
  16. I must have channeled you for my card! Those two challenges are just a match made in heaven aren't they?! I had to pin that sketch to use again. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Anne I love every element of your card. he bloom, the embossing, the strip down the middle. Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous card Anne Marie,I love all the design elements you used to create it.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous card Anne Marie,I love all the design elements you used to create it.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is one gorgeous card. I found it on Pinterest and loved it. I used it for inspiration for a birthday card for a friend. I wanted to give you credit, so I put a link to it on my blog. Thank you so much for sharing your talent! Tammy E.

    www.ncscrapaddict.blogspot.com.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!
Have a great day! :)
Anne Marie