Saturday, May 5, 2012

Hoppy Hello for Dynamic Duos #1

Looking for my Our Creative Corner post? Just scroll down a little! :) 
Well, the day is finally here!!! It is the FIRST Official Challenge over at Dynamic Duos! How exciting is THAT?! Our first challenge colors came from our Facebook winner, Sharla who suggested that we create with "lime and aqua" this week. That was a fabulous choice for our first challenge, as I love absolutely these colors together! Sharla just happens to be joining us as a Guest Designer this week because she selected these fabulous colors. Are YOU following our Facebook page? CLICK HERE to "like" the Dynamic Duos page. 
For my card, I was inspired by this week's Mojo Monday sketch. I tend to shy away from "square or round" cards, so this was a fun challenge for me 
I used the Everyday Enchantment DSP which is retired from this year's Sale-A-Bration catty. The pattern on the paper reminded me of the skin of a frog (I have NO idea why!)...so that's where the froggy image from Turtle and Co. came from. I'm not a huge fan of frogs, so this cute image is as far as I get to the little buggers. I added a little embossing, the sheer ribbon, sparkle and that patterned brad. I watercolored the image with inks and a Blender Pen. But, in the end, the googlie eyes are what really add personality to this guy! The complete supply list is added to the end of this post.
I sure hope you will join us for the Dynamic Duos kick-off challenge! Please stop by and visit the rest of the inaugural Design Team to see what they have whipped up for this challenge. The challenge is open until Thursday, May 10th at Noon (PDT).
The Dynamic Duos Design Team: 
Thanks so much for stopping by! 
Enjoy your day today, 

Follow Me on Pinterest

Stampin' Up! Supply List: 
Stamps: Turtle and Co. 
Paper: Everyday Enchantment DSP (ret.), Pool Party, Lucky Limeade and Whisper White card stock
Ink: Versamark, Basic Black, Pool Party and Lucky Limeade Classic ink
Punches: Decorative Label punch and Scallop Trim Corner punch
Accessories: Blender Pens, Dazzling Details, Crystal Effects, Everyday Enchantment Ribbon and Brad pack (ret.), Textured Impression Embossing Folders, Clear Embossing Powder,Heat Tool, Basic Rhinestones and Stampin' Dimennsionals
Non-SU! Accessories: googlie eyes, grey marker 

20 comments:

  1. Adorable card, AM! Laila gives it two kicks and a fist bump. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The more I look at your card, the more special touches that I see...the corner with the gems, the row of hearts, the great punches for the sentiment and especially those google eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This little frog is so cute and those googly eyes certainly do give him some added personality. I love how you just punched the one corner and added the bling. It's great to be on the DT with you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love square cards - and this one is adorable! It's all about the eyes! Love all the teeny - but oh so important - details!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe we both debuted with a frog card! This is adorable, love his googly eyes! Your pretty DP and special elements really make this little fella shine! So great to be on the DT with you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Precious card! That DP goes perfect with the frog image too. Love the google eyes!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such an adorable and fun card! :) Makes me smile!!! Love the punched out corner and how it mimics the pattern in your DP! Those googly eyes are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this wee fella! The punched corner with the bling and the pretty bow are super! Great job as always my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable card....your frog is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anne Marie, I just love this card! and the colors for this new challenge are just gorgeous! pretty, just like your card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Delightful fun card Anne Marie, love all the little details you added as finishing touches.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a fun card.

    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that little froggy! I've got a LOT of that paper to use up:-) I played along and I'll post and link up tomorrow! Excited for a new challenge!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That little froggie is just too cute! I love his google eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anne, i love that little froggie with the googly eyes and those papers are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  16. cute cute cute!!!!!!!! Love that froggy!!!!

    I wish I could play along in the first challenge, but time is NOT my own this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a sweet frog card. I like what you did with the edge of the paper, and your layout.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a good idea to use this fabulous paper for your background Anne Marie. I love your cute frog with his googly eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  19. How sweet is this?! Love the adorable image with the wiggly eyes and your paper is great with this cute little frog! The corner punch was such a wonderful touch!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!
Have a great day! :)
Anne Marie