Saturday, August 11, 2012

Quint-Essential Flower for Dynamic Duos #15

Hi stamping friends! Well, I finally made it into my stamp room this week! Whoa! It is still a bit of a challenge to move around on my feet a week after surgery. I am finding I have been seeping a LOT with the pain meds and keeping my tootsies elevated in bed. I had my follow-up with the Dr. on Friday morning and got to see the mystery under those bandages. Yeah, it was pretty gross! One more week until the stitches come out...hopefully. 

But you didn't come here to hear about my yucky feet, did you? Ha! It's Saturday and that means it is time for another fun challenge at Dynamic Duos! This week we are focusing on the soft and subtle colors of Certainly Celery and Pretty in Pink
I found a new sketch challenge blog this week called Try Stampin' on Tuesday. Not only do they have some fun sketches, the design team is awesome and full of wonderful inspiration. Check them out, if you haven't already. 
For some reason, I had it stuck in my head that I wanted to use the Quint-Essential Flower stamp with these colors, so I went with it. I love how that stamp pairs with so many different punches. I added some embossing and colored some pink rhinestones to dress things up a bit. All of the supplies are listed at the end of the post. I kind of struggled with this card, but was happy to get it completed after this long week. :) 
Sorry the colors in my photos are a bit wonky. As I was trying to snap these photos Friday, it was sunny on one side of the house and THIS was rolling in on the other side:
Yikes, right? Would you believe that we didn't get a drop of rain from those skies. Well, if you lived in Texas, you would believe it...that's our crazy weather for you! Just a LOT of wind and (thank goodness) a brief temperature drop. 

I hope you enjoyed today's card! Please stop by and visit the Dynamic Duos blog to check out what the rest of the lovely ladies on the Design Team have created for inspiration this week. We sure hope you will join us and play along. The challenge closes Friday, August 17th at Noon (PDT)
The Dynamic Duos Design Team:

Thanks for stopping by! I have some BLOG CANDY to give away now through Sunday August 12th. CLICK HERE for more info! 

Have a great day, 

Follow Me on Pinterest

Stampin' Up! Supply List 
Stamps: Quint-Essential Flower and Itty Bitty Banners
Paper: Subtles DSP Paper Stack, Certainly Celery, Pretty in Pink, Crumb Cake and Whisper White card stock
Ink: Certainly Celery, Pretty in Pink, Crumb Cake Classic ink
Punches: 2- 3/8" Scallop Circle, 1- 3/4" Scallop Circle, 1" Circle, 3/4" Circle and 1/2" Circle
Accessories: Stripes Embossing Folder, Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder, Finishing Touches Edgelits Die, Bitty Banners Framelits Dies, Pretty in Pink Stampin' Write Marker, Basic Rhinestones, Heat tool, Certainly Celery 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon (ret.) and Stampin' Dimensionals

20 comments:

  1. This is just BEAUTIFUL! I LOVE everything about it. So glad you were inspired by our sketch at Try Stampin On Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card. Great job with the sketch and your flower is beautiful. Definitely a soft & subtle look.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, wow - this is GORGEOUS, Anne Marie! I can't wait until we have that fabulous stamp in Australia. You've used the challenge colours so beautifully; love this. I hope you're up on your feet very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE that flower! Those little pink gemstones are the perfect touch on it too! :) I'm going to have to go check out that sketch challenge! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card! Love the colors and layout. Hope your recovery is going well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so pretty - love that color combo and the classy looks of your card! Lovely.

    Hope all is ok with your feet - know this can't be much fun for you. Take care!

    We could see all those storm clouds (VERY far away) from our house and just kept hoping at least one drop of rain ventured over here - but it wasn't to be I guess! Sure is dry around this place!

    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love these colors together! The flower image is lovely and as you stated, having punches that go with it makes it a must have.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I see no sign of a struggle with this one Anne Marie, so very pretty! I can see why you had the flowers stuck in your head to use,they look great all layered up on your tag.

    I think we got you rain yesterday. There was just a mist so I thought I would get a quick walk with Max,one minute out the door and the flodd gates opened LOL Poor littel guy was soaked to the bone!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card, Anne Marie! Great take on the colors and on the skecth!
    Hope you get well soon!
    Anni

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous! Love the layered flower and pretty punched edging. Can't believe those clouds didn't send any rain.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anne, you made these colors look so elegant! Love that flower!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So pretty! I just love that stamp! Hope your feet are beter soon!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello Anne-Marie
    What a beautiful clean Baby pastel palette you have chosen to complete this sketch, your medallion blossom is gorgeous.
    Pleased to hear you are healing okayand managing to hobble to THE room.
    NB. CAS cards have been made look out this week. Ha
    Smiles:)
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous Card! I love how this flower layers so perfectly with all the punches. Your color combination is gorgeous! Thanks for playing along with the TSOT sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful colours. Glad you showed us the dimension in the tag it really does stand out. Thanks for playing along with us at Try Stampin on Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yup I agree with Rita on this one - absolute gorgeousness!!!! First off that layered flower is fantastic, secondly all the texture and layers on this card are just awesome and I am loving that pink bling! Thanks for joining us at Try Stampin' on Tuesday

    Hope you are on the mend and I can not imagine how hard it must be to have both feet bandaged up at the same time. Hope you are actually taking it easy and getting some rest:)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful card design! Love the sweet patterned papers and the layered flower is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the colours, the design, the intricate detail. Thanks for playing at Try Stampin'.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a soft and pretty card! Love all of those yummy layers! BTW-got to see one of your convention swap cards in person-GORGEOUS!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!
Have a great day! :)
Anne Marie