Sunday, February 22, 2015

Yee-Haw for Paper Players #233

Hello there! After taking a week off for foot surgery (which went very well, by the way) I am back in creative action. This week at The Paper Players, the lovely Sandy Mathis is our challenge hostess bringing us a fun sketch to play along with. As soon as I saw it, I immediately knew what I wanted to do with it: a bright and cheery cowgirl card! That's was exactly what you were thinking when you saw the sketch too, wasn't it? Haha!! Clearly you can tell that I know nothing about being a cowgirl, except that your boots should be pink and sparkly. I do live in Texas though, so somehow I think that makes me more "legit". Maybe? Not exactly. :)
I used two of my favorite stamp sets on this card: Bootiful Occasions and Yee Haw. I have to totally be honest that I completely forgot about placement of the sentiment on the sketch until I had already created the card. I went back to look at the sketch and said "whoops". I added that little banner at the last minute and I really like how it pops. It's just a F-U-N card! 

I absolutely in love the Adventure Bound DSP Stack from Stampin' Up! That "weathered wood" paper is awesome! I want to get like 100 more sheets of it. I also sponged a little but of Crumb Cake ink on the sparkly Silver Glimmer Paper to tone it down a little. Here is a fun fact. I have 13 packs of unopened Silver Glimmer Paper in my stamp studio. 13. That is not right. #sparklehoarder
 Please join us over at The Paper Players! The challenge closes on Friday, February 27th, 2015 at Noon (PST). Stop by and say hello to the Design Team.

The Paper Players Design Team
As I usually do, I am signing off with one of my favorite photos from the past week. This is my Oscar. We rescued him from the shelter after he was surrendered by his former owners who simply didn't want him anymore. Ugh! He is the most loving guy, although we are still working on teaching him manners. Have a fantastic day! Happy stamping! :) 
Stamps: Yee Haw, Bootiful Occasions
Paper: Silver Glimmer Paper, Tangelo Twist CS, Rose Red CS, Natural White CS, Adventure Bound DSP Stack
Accessories: Baker's Twine, Itty Bitty Accents Epoxy Stickers and coordinating punch

Follow Me on Pinterest


10 comments:

  1. This is a great interpretation of the sketch! The pink cowgirl boot is just perfect for the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh boy....there are so many things I love about this card....where do I start!?!? The sparkly paper combined with the rustic background is so cool! And the color combo....so fun! Love, love, love it all! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're a rhinestone cowgirl, Anne Marie! Super cute card. I love the boot as part of the sketch element, and also the contrast of the woodgrain and glimmer paper. And bless you for taking in little Oscar. I don't know how you teach all these creatures to get along. You most have a lot of patience!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute card, I need to "borrow" this one for sure :) Thank you to for rescuing Oscar!! We have four rescue dogs at home and we just can't image why their former owners gave them up either.

    ReplyDelete
  5. CUTE card Anne Marie, loving' the pink boot and touch of sparkle! Sweet little Oscar, how could anyone not want him. I know you're giving him LOADS of love, he's a lucky little fella ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable, Anne Marie! When I was showing horses, I did indeed own a pair of pink boots! However, mine lacked the sparkle. I also owned orange, red, and brown ones, too. But the pink ones were my fave!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anne Marie this is one rootin'-tootin' fabulous card! Love the pink cowgirl boots, the barnwood paper is perfection and I adore the little banner you added! It's just the right touch and I love the pop of pumpkin pie! Yeehaw, for a GREAT card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anne Marie this card is boot-kicking awesome - LOVE those pink sparkling boots, every self-discerning cowgirl should own a pair!! Looks great with the wood paper background. I am the proud owner of a 'yee-haw' stamp set (not normally available in the UK :-) ) and a 'brights' girl at heart, so this card just speaks to me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. AM - I laughed out loud when I saw this card - it is so you. Only you could bring together blingy paper and woodgrain and make them work together so well! Fabulous card, my friend. As for Oscar.... he looks so calm, serene and at home!
    hugs
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anne Marie, such a fun card!! I love your whimsical colors and sparkles. I think EVERY cowgirl should have those boots!! Great job of rescuing your card to fit the challenge! And bless you for rescuing fur babies. I wish I had room to take them all in :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!
Have a great day! :)
Anne Marie